Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Redemption

NEI Buck Hunter

Sunday I was able to make the shot on this, my first bow deer ever.​
It all started on early Sunday afternoon. I have a pic of a hunter walking through my hunting property on Friday early afternoon. I thought that I would go and sit in the ground blind 25 yards from the trail cam that took his pic. I was in the blind at 1:22 to try to catch the perp.
The guy never showed (thank God). I sat until 5pm with no activity and knew that the activity started late in this area. Had two fawns walk into the woods with no clue I was there. At about 6 this fella came walking out with broad side shot at 25 yards. I was not used to hunting out of a ground blind and almost shot into the side of the blind. I got the shot off and hit him what I thought was way to far back. The smell of what I thought was gut was in the air. I got out of the blind and backed out for an hour. I call the neighbor kid and had him come out and help track. We got on the blood trail and it was only a few drops evey 5 yards. 65 yards later there he was. It was a double lung shot right where I pinned him. This makes up for last years poor 1st season ever.
picture.php
picture.php

That's a great buck- CONGRATS!
No matter how many deer you shoot, regardless of the size, you'll never forget your first. Way to go!

Top Bottom