Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Regulation deciphering

What a joke... So along with texting... Everyone that was posting, "live from the stand updates" is illegal as well???

No

When I receive a text on my phone the deer don't automatically show up to the vibration of my phone... If texting a fellow hunter and telling him what just walked by your set is illegal than a grunt call should be illegal...a grunt call is verbal communication with the deer

Seriously? Do you understand what we are talking about here?

...I've sat several times and watched bucks from a hundred yards away and tried my hardest to get them into range but couldn't do it... If only I knew a text message would have done it!!!

I detect your sarcasm but ironically you have completely missed the premise of this whole topic.

Maybe they should just make the word DEER illegal to use. I was told by a local farmer where a nice buck has been hanging out. So I looked over the property hung a stand and am going to see if I can get on him. Is this legal? I mean really, if the farmer never would have told me I wouldn't have known to hunt the spot? Maybe since he told me face to face its fine? What if he sent me a text saying it? Or even worse? What if I was hunting a spot in the morning and when I got home a family member told me they seen a nice buck in a different area? So that evening I hunted that area instead of where I had originally intended? Is that legal? I assume it would be ok as long as they didn't use an electronic device for the communication of where the deer were seen? But what if they did text it to me while I was in the stand? Would it be illegal for me to hunt that spot that evening? Could I ever hunt that spot again? Pretty crazy whitetail world we live in!

If you watch Winke's daily blog from yesterday. He received a phone call from someone close to his farm informing him that a couple big bucks seem to be on the end of the farm he was going to hunt on.

Ok then what's the difference??? I have two brothers on here and we post in the "live from the stand update." Am I not allowed to get on Iowa whitetails while hunting? I understand the point when it comes to a deer drive but when it comes to bow/stand hunting I don't see the problem...whether i send a text or not... It is not going to determine the outcome of the deers life or the path in which the deer is going to take...to many Internet police!

I started a reply and it's just not worth the effort to type it. Just use common sense and everyone will be fine.

X2!! Most of the people who worry about that probably have a hard enough time taking care of themselves. I see nothing wrong with texting- I am against using radio or W T's while pushing deer however but again- common sense!

My grandma just called me, she said she watched two sparrows eat out of her bird feeder this morning... She started to tell me what side of the house they were on so I had to hang up... Thanks a lot Internet police... Looks like no Christmas present this year!!

No more threads about deer movement or timing of the rut, these make me want to get out and hunt, aiding in me harvesting deer.

Well....Common Sense Aint So Common Anymore is it?? Guess next time someone texts me that deer are a half mile away from me I better just get down and go home so I can show my ETHICS??? There are some serious do-righters on this site and it makes me sick to think that I could have to defend something every time I even post on here.

There are a couple of you on here that must drive 2 MPH under the posted limit so that you never hit that "grey area" where your speedometer might be faster than the radar gun?

You two must have gotten a text telling you that deer were out walking around about every day lately.....No wonder your sitting on your couch playing the roll of "SAINT" and not hunting...cause that would be unethical to hunt after someone told you they saw a deer in a text. It all makes sense now.:thrwrck: Get a life, its not like he jumped out of his stand and ran to intercept the deer=the reason for the law!! A farmer told me he saw lots of birds when he combined last week, Damn it I cant hunt that place now either.....Oh wait I am saved there....I talked to him face to face.

Top Bottom