Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Reinertson Taxidermy

Status
  • Deleted by Sligh1
  • Reason: Parties connected

Iowa254

I know some of you guys are pretty close with Brian. He is doing a couple deer heads of mine from last season and I haven't been able to get a hold of him. Hoping nothing is wrong, he is a super nice guy and great taxidermist. Hoping someone here can confirm all is good.

Brian goes by “Breanna” now. Just a heads up. The surgery went great too. ;).
I just texted to to him - I mean her.
All good. U in good hands.
Thanks Skip, hopefully I will be able to get in contact with him soon, I will keep trying.

As a taxidermist myself, I encourage ya'll to not bug your taxidermist with "just wanted to see how it's coming" type of calls... they cut into work time. Imagine a full time guy with 200 deer heads to mount... if those 200 guys each call to "check in" just once over 6 months, 10 min calls each (I'm being generous, we all know we love to talk about our bucks longer than that!), that is about 33 HOURS of being on the phone getting nothing done. Be mindful that they're doing everything they can to get mounts done in a timely manner. :cool:

NextBuk as a taxidermist customer myself, I encourage taxidermist to give realistic estimates of time to complete mounts. Your comment is completely legit and a customer just checking in is an unproductive waste of time. However, if a job is promised in 6 or 12 months and it's now many months or a year past the deadline, its perfectly reasonable to expect clients are going to be calling to see what's going on. If a guy has dealt with multiple taxidermist over a lifetime it's pretty likely they have run into this.

NextBuk as a taxidermist customer myself, I encourage taxidermist to give realistic estimates of time to complete mounts. Your comment is completely legit and a customer just checking in is an unproductive waste of time. However, if a job is promised in 6 or 12 months and it's now many months or a year past the deadline, its perfectly reasonable to expect clients are going to be calling to see what's going on. If a guy has dealt with multiple taxidermist over a lifetime it's pretty likely they have run into this.
Yes, absolutely, 100% agree.

FWIW, I one time long ago gave a head to a taxidermist and only checked back after the promised amount of time had elapsed. He was still friendly, etc, and apologized, etc, but needed, I don't remember for sure, but let's say 6 more months. I dutifully waited the agreed upon time frame and then reached out to him again, and I am pretty sure that a year had elapsed by this point, and couldn't reach him. Hmmm...

I tried again a couple/few times over the next couple/few months and eventually I went to his house to see him in person. Guess what? He doesn't live there anymore. Long story short...I never did get that head back and I was out a modest deposit, but it was the loss of the head that bothered me most.

So...I second the notion that 2-bucks mentioned...the taxi should give realistic estimates and then if he can't hit them, proactively reach out to the client and reset expectations, etc. Maybe even return the head so someone else can do it. But...I would not fully "go to sleep" on the situation...or you could end up with a sad tale like mine. FWIW, I know of others that have had a similar experience with other taxis.

Status
  • Deleted by Sligh1
  • Reason: Parties connected
Top Bottom