Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Release

socker1485

I was looking into getting a new release this year. I shot a bow with a d loop on the string. What does everyone here recommend? I was looking at getting the Scott Archery Shark. Anyone have any reviews on that one or other Scott products? Thanks for the input

I have been shooting with the Scott shark release the last 3 years. I like it a lot, very smooth and you can adjust the trigger. Only thing I don't like about it is the length adjustments. Have to cinch it down pretty tight to your wrist if you want to get a lot of your finger over the trigger

I shot a Scott mongoose for about 10 years. It was a good quality release.
I switched a few months ago to a spot hog Saturday night special. My accuracy for long distance shooting (30-50 yards) has improved dramatically.

I recommend a hand held release, with a thumb trigger, over a wrist strap release any day!

Carter Chocolate Addiction for me...

My accuracy and consistent anchoring is more repeatable with a hand/thumb trigger style release.

Carter target 4 for the last 4 seasons. Best thing I've ever done, hang it in my d-loop and it keeps your hands free on stand

Shot a Scott wrist release for many years now have a tru ball thumb trigger and love it. Took alittle getting used to alittle different anchor point for me but love having it hooked on the bow and not in the way always on your wrist

I shoot a cheap walmart release that I've had for about 6 years. Didnt have any money at the time so I picked up the cheapest thing I could find. It works great for me. Its mainly what you get comfortable with in my opinion.

Just switched from a scott to a spot hogg wise guy. Very happy with it.

Mobile Cooter

Been using this release last two years and really like it. Less play than the truball hurricane I had been using but it had several shots through it. One of main reasons I switched was for the buckle instead of the Velcro. Much quieter when putting it on after packing in and setting up stand for a morning hunt.

I almost broke down and bought a new thumb style at scheels yesterday but not sure I want to spend that kind of money to see if I like it. I like the idea of keeping it on the string for sure.

One thing I will say about releases. They are like trigger jobs on a rifle. Once you own something that breaks like glass you will never go back.
I highly reccomend spot hogg and scott index triggers and carter and stan thumb triggers, find a shop or a friend thwt shoots something different and give it a whirl.

Top Bottom