Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Resident landowners....

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

bkcrrtnps

For those complaining about deer #s as resident landowners and one myself. They need to decrease buck and doe tags for landowners. No landowner needs to kill 3 bucks a year.....

My thougths exactly!we are all in this together weather we own land or not.We all play a key role in the population of our deer herd.We all know that deer travel from land to land unless you have a high fence operation.So we all play a part in the management process.Chances are if you get 3 buck tags & 3 170" plus deer walk by you during season U are probably going to try to shoot them.It is in our nature.Not like that is going to happen all the time but u get the point.

Last edited:
I get three buck tags, doesn't mean I'm going to fill them..

This is where the change will need to come from. Just because you can have a certain amount of tags doesn't mean you need to fill them.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for land owners that have low deer #'s when they and their neighbors were the ones hitting the does hard. If everyone in your section buys a bunch of does tags and tags 3 bucks a year, what did you honestly think was going to happen?

The public land hunters (such as myself) have no way to really manage the ground. You can't get the people together who hunt it and explain what may or may not happen. You could I suppose, but its not a reasonable thing to think will happen.

It's my opinion that the bonus antler less tags never should have been valid on public land. If you think your land is bad as far as deer #'s go, come hunt some public in Linn, Johnson, blackhawk, or polk. Then you'll get a picture of what over harvest did to our deer.

For those complaining about deer #s as resident landowners and one myself. They need to decrease buck and doe tags for landowners. No landowner needs to kill 3 bucks a year.....

How about taking away that party hunting rule. Even if I got two tags I could shoot however many bucks I can get a tag for.......

Yeah I'll have my wife, mom, dad and cousins buy tags and bingo lets go kill stuff....

I get three any-sex tags, if I fill them...I fill them. If I don't, I don't. I'm not slapping my tag on a dink though. I've filled all my tags for 3 years now (besides 1 any-sex season 2 this year).

I get three any-sex tags, if I fill them...I fill them. If I don't, I don't. I'm not slapping my tag on a dink though. I've filled all my tags for 3 years now (besides 1 any-sex season 2 this year).

Dink is relative. Some call it a 100 inch deer some call it a 140 inch deer. Some call it a deer under 4.5 years old....

It's all relative young grasshopper......

I can kill more than 3 if I bring guys to gun hunt with me! :) I never will kill 3.
I think if the DNR, legislatures, Governor want to ask the question..... Would you landowners give up your extra tag if we reduce the buck harvest on everyone to 1 buck tag? I think most would do it in a heartbeat. That's my opinion. I think the far easier convincing on the reduction would be to the landowner because, IMO, they are usually the most conservative, deer stewards you will find. Folks that don't care about stacking up bucks, they care about health, neighborhoods, neighbors, management in general, etc. I'd give my 3rd buck tag up in a nano-second.

I had 3 tags this year.. Think I can even get 4.. (not 100% sure) Didn't even fill one of them. Could have numerous times on does and small bucks, but they needed to walk to improve hunting for next year.

I don't have 3 white tails on the wall, I dunno what I would do shooting 3 mature bucks a year. My taxidermist bill would be through the roof!

I only get my LO tag so I can hunt longer during the early split.. I don't use any firearms for deer because I don't get the same feeling as I do when I bowhunt. I had three any sex tags this year could have shot 3 good bucks but once I got my first one and knew the age just wasn't there I just sat back and did more deer watching than anything.

If they reduced it to 1 buck tag the landowners would have to give up 2 buck tags to make it equal across the board don't know if many of them would be willing to do that.If every hunter shoots less bucks there will be more bucks & more mature bucks in the future for every hunter.What is wrong with that.Landowners having 3 buck tags is kind of like the facts that landownwers can bait deer with food plots but non landowners can't bait at all.I guarantee a food plot attracts alot more deer than a small bait source.The rules always seem to be bent for landowners.Look at it as if it were a speeding ticket.the guy driving the lamborghini or corvette don't get any breaks compared to the guy drinving the old junker taurus.We all should have the same rules & regulations.Kind of like politicians they talk the talk but think they need there own rules & regulations apart from the everyday Joe Schmo's

Last edited:
It should be one buck tag for the general public and one landowner tag if you own 160 acres or whatever number you choose. Pretty simple solution. Landowners get a benefit still while the population rebounds.

I bet 95% of people do not fill 3 buck tags off their land. My dad has filled two landowner tags in owning his place for 13 years. I think in those 13 years I can only think of 6 bucks total taken off the farm. I know tons of landowners and do not know one that fills 3. Heck most don't fill two. Some dont fill any. These tags are not hurting anything.

I bet 95% of people do not fill 3 buck tags off their land. My dad has filled two landowner tags in owning his place for 13 years. I think in those 13 years I can only think of 6 bucks total taken off the farm. I know tons of landowners and do not know one that fills 3. Heck most don't fill two. Some dont fill any. These tags are not hurting anything.

Correct, I get three a year and have filled 2 any sex tags (2/9) in the past 3 years.

So then why have them if you don't use them.As a landowner You think the benefit of having your own land & no pressure & sole hunting rights would be reward enough!It is like normal we all take things for granted until it is too late then realize we screwed up.

So then why have them if you don't use them.As a landowner You think the benefit of having your own land & no pressure & sole hunting rights would be reward enough!It is like normal we all take things for granted until it is too late then realize we screwed up.

Huh??? I have them because I can hunt pretty much anytime I want, with a variety of different weapons if I wish. "Sole hunting rights"? Who says I don't share hunting on my lands? The biggest reward for me is having the ability to allow youth hunters to harvest deer from my stands over my food plots. What the heck does that have to do with me having 3 tags? and how is eating 7 tags in 3 years screwing anything up???

My family didn't fill 6 anysex tags between me, my dad and my son. Life is not fair. Obama is not going to make it fair. If you want to own land, save up and buy some. Make sacrifices like I did and save up. I have 50 acres but it is the best investment I have ever made. Your own land and no pressure (Bradley). I am pretty sure my 50 acres is highly affected by landowners around it.

I can kill more than 3 if I bring guys to gun hunt with me! :) I never will kill 3.
I think if the DNR, legislatures, Governor want to ask the question..... Would you landowners give up your extra tag if we reduce the buck harvest on everyone to 1 buck tag? I think most would do it in a heartbeat. That's my opinion. I think the far easier convincing on the reduction would be to the landowner because, IMO, they are usually the most conservative, deer stewards you will find. Folks that don't care about stacking up bucks, they care about health, neighborhoods, neighbors, management in general, etc. I'd give my 3rd buck tag up in a nano-second.

Are you saying the landowners should give up their any deer LOT tag across the board, or they get the choice to have either the any deer LOT tag (valid only on their ground only) or the paid statewide tag (valid anywhere in case they hunt other ground)? Also, you're saying landowners still get 2 any deer tags? Just clarifying here.

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom