Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

rest recommendation please

started bow hunting last year and the rest i have is a trophy taker fall away , after missing 3 bucks already this year shooting under them i noticed the buss clamp is moving , thought i had it fixed after same prob last year . should i get it served on or just get a different rest you think?

I've always hunted with a whisker bisket, this is my first year with a drop away and I can tell you Im ready to switch back but it's too late in the season now. They might cut down on speed, but they are one less thing to worry about when you shoot. No moving parts, so that counts for something in my book..

Boyd at buck hollow got me hooked on the limb driver pro v. Works flawless on even the fastest bows. You'll be glad ya did.

If you are already sighted in with that rest, I'd just got to a pro shop and have it served in. Go home, shoot a few arrows just to make sure its good and get back out. I wouldn't want to deal with throwing on a new sight right now and getting it sighted in. Just my opinion

If you are already sighted in with that rest, I'd just got to a pro shop and have it served in. Go home, shoot a few arrows just to make sure its good and get back out. I wouldn't want to deal with throwing on a new sight right now and getting it sighted in. Just my opinion

I agree with that. I had a Trophy Taker fall away a couple of years ago and got tired of my arrows falling off during the draw cycle if I had to draw quickly. I learned to cope, but as soon as the season was over, I switched to a Ripcord and have never looked back. Don't switch mid-season if you can avoid it, but there are plenty of great rests on the market.

PSE Phantom, dont know if they make them anymore. Sort've an obscure rest but it's the best one I've ever used.

qad ultra rest hunter on my bow and its never failed, even after my t handle slipped through my fingers on the draw and being hooked to the string smacked the rest,didnt even move it but i had to get a new release

I had a trophy taker drop away in the past. Didn't have a problem other than it sometimes wanted to fall off the rest. I now shoot a QAD and love it. The ripcords are nice too. Full containment and a drop away all in one is where you need to be.

Ty for the replies brought it in and had the crappy clamp thrown away and served on, hopefully i'm good now

you should start using a whisker biscuit. I have one now and it a great rest. arrow stays in place the whole time no worries. people say it decreases speed and accuracy but I always shoot on point and fast from 60 yards and closer with it.

I have the limb driver pro v also. I like it. Had a trophy taker drop away and the spring broke on the flipper on the fall away. Got a limb driver and my groups got tighter. Also had a whisker biscuit but thought it was to loud on those dead quiet mornings.

I have the Limb Driver Pro V and it has been flawless. They are easy to set up and tune....no messing with the cables.

I had a PSE Phantom too and it was nice. The only downside is I seemed to always catch my clothes or branches on the arrow rest as it stuck out a little. I know they still make them.......Archery Field and Sports in Altoona had them in stock a couple weeks ago.

Top Bottom