Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rest Set up.

I got a new rest yesterday so I figured I better go out and practice before I went back hunting. I put my rage 2 blade practice tips on and shot a few arrows. I was amazed at how bad I shot. Just figured it was the new release. So I shot 3 more and same effect. Then I shot a few field tips and they flew great. I noticed that my arrows aren't all sticking in the target straight. Then when I put the broadheads on I'm assuming they just compound the problem so much that it greatly reduces my accuracy. What can I do to fix this problem?

I got a new release. Sorry wasn't very descriptive. I know that it's affecting my shot because I had tighter groups with my old one but that's something I can adjust to. The rest is a QAD ultra that scheels installed last year.

Sorry, Now I guess I was not very descriptive. Which do you think is the problem? Do you have your old release?

I think the rest is out of line because if you look at the ends of my arrows in the target they are all different direction. But I think putting the new release with that made it even worse. My old Walmart release broke after 5 years now I have the tru Fire hardcore. It will defiantly take some getting used to.

First thing a would check is make sure your not getting any fletching contact. Use something like spray on foot powder of the vanes or a little lipstik on the prongs of the rest. Make sure the lines on the rest are lining up at full draw and the rest is not making the final move to get those lines lined up until the last 1/2 inch of your draw.

If your not familiar with "walk back tuning" or "french tuning" a compound bow google them and take a look. They are not hard. Walk back will show you right away if your rest is off left to right. French tuning will get you good enough that you should have field points and mechs. hitting together and may be easier this time of year.

I would not put to much stock into the way your arrow sticks in the target. I would be very suspect of your new release and what it has done to your anchor point. To really get into tuning and see the changes you make with adjustments your form has to be repetitive.

I have had the same problem with my QAD rest and truball release. My rest had sprung and was over rotating a good nail width gap between the lines at full draw. I took to my local shop and QAD replaced it without any trouble. My second problem was my D loop was to long. My third problem was after all the adjusting my anchor point was off. Final problem was I found my 400 arrows flew like crap so I switched to 350 and now they all fly true and straight. I think it's time you get to the local shop not scheels and have them go over everything. Let them set you up paper tune it and fix your problems as they see them.

Top Bottom