Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ringold County

M

MF

Is Ringold county a consistent producer of trophy caliber bucks?

I am considering hunting with a friend in the area and was just checking. So it is a serious question.

MF,
I used to hunt in Ringold County and I think they produce some very nice bucks. If you need proof I am sure there will be some nice ones at the IOWA DEER CLASSIC.

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 01-28-2002).]

I hunt in ringold county every year bow and gun seasons,and have seen great deer in our area.Had a 180 class buck come 12yrds from my stand this last bow season in the afternoon but I had not hoisted my bow up yet and had to watch him walk by.Also had a 190 class buck in our area two years ago!

thanks fatboy for the reply.what week would be best for a bowhunt in that area.

MS,Sorry I did not respond sooner,have been out of town for the last week.I have had my best luck the fist two weeks of nov.That seems like the peak of rutting activity in that area.

MF,Sorry I did not respond sooner,have been out of town for the last week.I have had my best luck the fist two weeks of nov.That seems like the peak of rutting activity in that area.

I hunt three farms in Ringold County, I agree with Fatboy, 1st couple weeks in November seems to be the best time for movement, rattling, and hopefully catching a mature trophy offguard.

some friends and i hunt down by mount ayr every year for probably 3 weekends out of the season. some of the deer that we see get shot down there are huge. we know a taxidermist down there so he gets most of the ones down there. i would advise going down there. good luck.

Top Bottom