Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ripped Off!

Sounds like we need to make a road trip, buddy! I'll be near Maryland in late February/early March and will have a free weekend. I could always make a visit and play the Federal Agent card for you!

Sounds like we need to make a road trip, buddy! I'll be near Maryland in late February/early March and will have a free weekend. I could always make a visit and play the Federal Agent card for you!

:D Had you offered that back in highschool, a road trip it would have been. :D

Paypal would have been a wise move on my part.:confused:

Man, i hope that wasn't me...he he he he. Seriously, i an not surprized maryland, especially the baltimore area, is famous for criminal activity. Sorry, this happened to you.

The address I shipped to was in Dundalk, MD, although to the phone number comes back from Baltimore. I've met some fantastic people from Maryland so I won't lose faith in the whole state over this jerk.:)

I agree with Bpul. I'm originally from the East too, but when I read Maryland/Baltimore area.... red flags went up! Your going to find good people, no matter the region here in the states, but it's an Odds thing. Sorry this happened to you, Bowman.

I have & will take the gamble of trust on a $60 deal. Someday will I get ripped off, sure, i betcha I will. But, I'm not going to get my life into a tizzy over it or go through some huge process to sell something that's $60. $6,000, $60,000, $600,000 - ok, different. But, honestly, i've sold stuff to people here and sent em product when they said they sent a check. i could have got burnt, yep. I've also bought stuff here, sent payment and they easily could have not sent it. I mean, worrying about a little bit like that and making a big process of a small transaction just isn't worth worrying about to me.
Ok - now I'm pry the guy with a bullseye on me! ;) The guy that did this is a shame. This is crap and I feel for you. But, I think you have it in perspective, it's a $60 learning experience. It kinda is $60 worth of dissapointment thinking guys would do that, that's more of the bummer, realizing there's people with some darkness to their lives that causes them to do that. Pretty sad.

ripped off

If you want the exact street address all you have to do is go to whatever shipping company you used and ask them. Say ups for example, all you have to do is go over there and give them your name and they will look it up in the system and tell you where your package got shipped too if you cant remember

Had a deal go bad. Got the out of state police on him from his ex girlfriend . Long story short had him hauled back from Omaha put in our local county jail . His bail matched what he owed me :) I love small town Iowa government.

I have & will take the gamble of trust on a $60 deal. Someday will I get ripped off, sure, i betcha I will. But, I'm not going to get my life into a tizzy over it or go through some huge process to sell something that's $60. $6,000, $60,000, $600,000 - ok, different. But, honestly, i've sold stuff to people here and sent em product when they said they sent a check. i could have got burnt, yep. I've also bought stuff here, sent payment and they easily could have not sent it. I mean, worrying about a little bit like that and making a big process of a small transaction just isn't worth worrying about to me.
Ok - now I'm pry the guy with a bullseye on me! ;) The guy that did this is a shame. This is crap and I feel for you. But, I think you have it in perspective, it's a $60 learning experience. It kinda is $60 worth of dissapointment thinking guys would do that, that's more of the bummer, realizing there's people with some darkness to their lives that causes them to do that. Pretty sad.

What Skip said, we finally agree! It's only 60 bucks.. Lesson learned, move on to better things. If I had a nickel for every time I blew 60 bucks I'd own as many acres as Skip!

:D Had you offered that back in highschool, a road trip it would have been. :D

I'm thinking we could still do a road trip, but instead of reliving our high school days, we make more of a Dumb & Dumber type trip. I'll be Harry and you can be Lloyd! :D

Dundalk, Seriously

Man, I grew up in Dundalk. Still know tons of folks there. Very,very,very blue collar democrats. makes no sense...they all bitch and complain about taxes,crime, sucking off the government teat, race relations and because they are in a union they vote democratic.... silliest thing i ever seen really. But, i know tons of folks from that area, give me his name or pm me if u are uncomfortable, I will know someone who knows this guy.... believe me

crazy

there are about 50 bowhunters in Dundalk the rest are drug addicts,union guys, unemployed crack heads, steelworkers or guys who are doing that same thing at 55yo that they were doing at 18 yo. Dundalk is a giant fly trap, a place stuck in a bizarre time warp. That being said...GO RAVENS

I think you are more disappointed in yourself for being a nice guy than the 60$. I spit 60 bucks out every couple of months lol

Iowa so different

For the guys that have never lived in a place like Dundalk, MD it is very hard, almost impossible, to believe the difference in the 2 places. I have lived in Maryland (33 years), Alaska (17 years) and Iowa (5 years) Maryland is very nice once u get away from Baltimore and the I-95 corridor, but inside the corridor is like a freakin nightmare, Alaska is very hit and miss, tons of dumb-asses there... sometimes safe sometimes not... get out into the bush things change somewhat.

I have lived in Iowa for 5 years, I dont even have a set of keys for the house or morton building, hasn't been locked....even when i am on vaction since i been here and no problems. But I am sure that would be different if I lived in Knoxville or Lovilla... Lovilla just plane makes me scratch my head. I have never been to a place where crack and young males are so prevalent. Go to the VFW in Knoxville at 3-5pm and almost evryone is on disability or ssi or independence card...very sad when able body men of working age are just bums. Not picking on Iowa...I love it, but NEVER have I seen the amount of TRESSPASSING that goes on around Lovilla, it seems one family thinks they can do anything they want, I am not sure why the cops seem to be so powerless, unless they are somehow complicent. I am speaking mostly of the gun hunting/pushing everything that isnt their's family, of course.

Last edited:
Are you referring to the Klobnaks or the pettyjons I guess you haven't had the pleasure of dealing with them both.

We gun hunt around Lovilla and go there or Melrose for a cold one in the evenings. It's a different place for sure. Most of the farmers have all their machinery parked outside all winter and for some reason a lot of beans are left uncut, which i am convinced is out of sheer laziness. A lot of drugs to be sure. It's hard not to notice.

Top Bottom