Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Risk vs. Reward?

kmehlin

The last two nights a shooter has entered the field at the same spot (100 yards from my stand). I have thrown the kitchen sink at him as far as calls go, only a look.

My question: My only other option is to sit in the fenceline from the ground hiding behind a piece of deadfall. The wind should be right tonight. Is this too aggressive?

Someone talk me into this as in a week who knows where he ends up...

I'd do it. If it doesn't work you still have plenty of good hunting left to kill him also.

That kind of move is what separates good hunters from the rest of the pack. Get after that SOB while he's there!

I see something once I take note. I see something twice I make a move to make it happen. I have been burned doing this but many times rewarded.

Sent from my iPad using IW

What calls were you using? Also, what direction was the wind coming from? I'd try using a decoy w/ some buck scent.

Go for it! In my mind there is more to be gained than lost. Sometimes you have to be aggresive.

I am a big risk taker. I believe sometimes you just have to get to the right spot no matter what it takes. Make a move. Good luck!!

Over the last two nights I've had a buck decoy out (first night0, grunted, snort wheezed, bleated, and rattled. Just looked and stayed in the field continuing to feed. Eventually lost to the darkness and doe's feeding his way....just didn't show any sign of pre-rut.

I'm heading out soon to try it. He usually shows up at 5:45 (I hope as I did bump him off the field last night). Gonna miss my Husker kickoff, but he would look better on my wall than missing a couple minutes of a game...

No way I'm not using that deadfall close to where he is coming out. That kind of play is my 90% of the time move.

kmehlin said:
Over the last two nights I've had a buck decoy out (first night0, grunted, snort wheezed, bleated, and rattled. Just looked and stayed in the field continuing to feed. Eventually lost to the darkness and doe's feeding his way....just didn't show any sign of pre-rut.

I'm heading out soon to try it. He usually shows up at 5:45 (I hope as I did bump him off the field last night). Gonna miss my Husker kickoff, but he would look better on my wall than missing a couple minutes of a game...

Husker kickoff?? You're not missing much...

Top Bottom