Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

River Levels

jonesie59

I am heading back to Iowa for a week or so starting next week and was hoping to get out on the river and run some lines for a couple days. Word is that river levels are pretty low and not fit for a boat in some areas. Wondering if anyone had any insight on the Cedar River in Lynn County.

My buddy who runs lines just south of the 80 bridge on the Cedar said it is very low and hard to run. They still do it though. He is hoping the levels come up because it is very tricky

The boys on the iowa down around columbus junction are telling me the same thing. I know the reservoir is letting out little water right now. Not sure about north. It looks low when i drive by it though.

Just rode down to the Cedar yesterday evening at the Saulsbury boat landing by Muscatine and it is as low as I have ever seen.. Anything other than a mud-motor and I dont think you'd make it too far. I fished just south of the I-80 bridge a couple weeks ago and it wasn't too bad ( we made it all the way up there from the Moscow boat landing)

The Cedar is loooow in Linn county. Be ready to navigate sandbars, if at all.

Go here, click on 'Rock Island District', then select the Cedar River basin for current levels.

http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/WaterControl/new/layout.cfm

Marietta Ohio? I grew up in St. Clairsville and went to Ohio U. Passed through there all the time.

I'm originally from Eastern Iowa, but moved out to Marietta after I finished college. I met my wife here and have set up shop in Good Ol' Southeastern Ohio. Beautiful area. It reminds me a lot of Dubuque and many of the Mississippi River towns.

And thanks for the info. I was affraid it was going to be low and the forecast isn't showing any rain.

low water

Drought has hit the midwest hard and water is low about everywhere, but there is an advantage here to check out, low water makes the fish seek deeper holes so any where there is a deeper spot especially out side bends should be very good last year the Missouri was the highest in ages this year it's going down this winter to it's lowest. can't please the Corp's of Engineers. they are a bunch of idiot's.

Top Bottom