Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Road Screen

Field Service

Tried a new screen. Planted a combination of sunflowers and Sudan sorghum. Hit it with a good jag of urea prior to tilling. I'll post a few pics in a month. Hopefully the rain will not turn completely off now.

Also snuck a couple small test plots of RR soys, AWP, and DER. We'll see how this stuff fairs between rows of walnuts.

One plot to go, a mix of millet/group 4 soys. Need to get that in soon.

Keep us posted on how it all works out. How big are the walnuts?

We planted some sunflowers in our garden and the darn rabbits ate every last one of them (where's the bobcats when we need em?? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif )

Yours should do fine mixed in with the sourghum and I'm curious how late in the fall that it will remain standing. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The walnuts are about 15' on 15' spacing.

I'm wondering if the weight of the sunflower head will make it a poor choice for a screen late in game. Both seed was a year old and stored in a small shed all year. It may have really hurt the germ rate. We'll see what happens...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Field Service</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Three inches of rain and everything is up except the soys... Just time now. </div></div>

Some nice warm weather should get things growing! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom