Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rocky mountain snyper broadhead

Buckhunter

Just wondering if anyone has or is using the rocky mountain snyper head and if so what do you think of it.The only thing that worry's me is a shoulder hit and how well the point would hold up.Tried going back to thunderheads this year but no luck getting them to fly.
Good luck to everyone hunting early.
smile.gif

I just started using them this year. Just took a doe with a snyper. The entrance hole looks like a shotgun hit and it exited out the far shoulder and stuck in the ground she sprayed blood like I have never seen. she made 3 big jumps then died in midair about 20 yards away. By far the nastiest entrance hole I have ever seen Im a muzzy guy from way back but I couldnt get my new g2 to group em well. Anyway I give em a thumbs up..Hope to report on em again on a big buck come November. For your info Im shootin 403 grain carbons at about 58 ftlbs.

Thank's for the info Deerbarber I just bought 3 of them tonight and it's good to here that they worked that well for ya.Congrat's on the doe,now go get that pope and young that we all dream about!

Deerbarber, congrates on a nice shot on that doe,

I would consider to crank that bow up to max and or find a conventional head that flies right for you . I think getting a complete pass through on a 250 lb big boy may be a problem with a expandable at 58 lb draw weight.

I just took a pretty nice buck up here a couple week ago . I use the wasp jack hammer sst's 100, similar to the snyper and I have 72 lbs of kinetic energy . The arrow passed through but not enough to stick it in the ground.

I would double check your Kinetic energy level , Gold tip.com has a chart to find this and be sure you are in the 60's

I have had a pass throughs with the Jack Hammers every time except one, when I glanced off a twig and struck the gut and opposit hip bone . Still recovered the buck , however . These expandables produce excellent blood . and extremely quick expiration , in many cases with in sight .

I say if you have the power to use them effectively they are definately the way to go.

Gritty

P.S. I'll be down there in a few weeks to run one through one of those biggun's myself.

Top Bottom