Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Round-up question

Iowa_Buckeye

Does glysophate (sp?) loose any potency if you keep it from one season to the next? Also, if it freezes, does that have any impact on it also?

I have used it from one season to the next and not noticed any drop-off. Should be fine and even sprayed with some that had frozen and got a great kill. I just up the rates to be certain if it freezes. If I was using 2 quarts per acre, I go to 3 quarts.

Had some stored for 3 years and it worked great.

Glyphosate will not lose it effectiveness from year to year as long as it hasn't been diluted with water. It should be stored in the original plastic container,preferably where it won't freeze. Because glyphosate is formulated from a salt(isopropylamime salt of glyphosate) if it freezes ithe "salt" can settle to the bottom of the container. It can still be use but you must first let it warm up and shake container to redisolve the active ingredient"salt".......a guy I know has some original 2 ounce samples of Roundup that were given out as promotional samples by Monsanto in 1976......the sample Roundup still works....pretty cool....the first chemical molecule ever invented that generated a billion dollars in sales on an annual basis.

Top Bottom