Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

roundup spraying this weekend

Wondering if this weekend is to early for spraying roundup on sod. Outside of the wind I'm wondering if the cold temperature will effect roundups killing power. thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Wondering if this weekend is to early for spraying roundup on sod. Outside of the wind I'm wondering if the cold temperature will effect roundups killing power. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

The grass should be green and growing...I sprayed some today. When it was 70 degrees it would have been better but I think you can get a good kill this weekend.

[ QUOTE ]
oh the horror....

[/ QUOTE ]

Flashbacks??
grin.gif
grin.gif

Well if you are anything like Rudd... there's only ONE way to find out...

Spray your front yard down and see what happens. If it browns up real nice, well you know it worked then!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Direct from Monsanto rep. "Round up will likely NOT work in temps at or below 35 degrees. Also if you have below freezing temps at night, round up is going to be LEAST affective on pest."

To be truthfull, we have sprayed round up in every temp, and condition and it has worked great.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Direct from Monsanto rep. "Round up will likely NOT work in temps at or below 35 degrees. Also if you have below freezing temps at night, round up is going to be LEAST affective on pest."

To be truthfull, we have sprayed round up in every temp, and condition and it has worked great.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like it's going to stay cold right thru the weekend...colder then I expected.

Most likely it will work but if you can wait until spring returns, you might get a better kill.

Speaking of wind... let me tell ya...it's bitter out there! Wind chill is 13 this morning!
crazy.gif

Still going to spray this weekend?

I sprayed some weeds last year around the yard in about 40degree weather, it it killed them. It was a high of 40s and dropped into the high 30s at night.

Just trying to add my .02 worth.

Dean

Well, my oldest son posted this as I was away...WAY to windy yesterday...tried this afternoon as the wind stated to calm down some, but am hoping for tomorrow morning.....we'll see...would like to get two spraying in before working it up in July....

Well, Easter Day the wind calmed down and we went spraying. We'll see how effective it will be. Alot of the sod was nice and green....
One question for this rookie...how do you control foam in a sprayer. After a couple of tanks, foam took up a fifth of the tank!!!
Thanks

Top Bottom