Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

RR Forage Soybeans

Osenbaugh

I need some help. I am going to stock RR Forage Soybeans i have to put in a min order and would like to get an idea if anyone has an interest in planting some let me know so i can get an idea how many pallets to get Thanks

There are a few different varieties Prices Range from $59.22-70.75 per bag (50lbs)

There is alot of interest out there for forage beans. What brand is it that you are selling?

59-70 bucks seems a little steep.

Eagle Seed is the brand it is more money but you have alot more plant 84 inches in height so youre not paying more for the Name forage your getting alot more forage for the deer.

I got a question I forgot to ask, I heard they were working on a northern blend, is it going to be available soon, and if so are you going to carry it? Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deer.man1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im interested in getting a bag. How far will a bag go if I mix it with some grain sorghum. Thanks </div></div>

Soybeans seed is usally sold by "seeds per pound" although I'm sure how these are marketed. They can vary from 2-3000 seeds per pound so 2800 seeds per pound X 50# =140,000 seeds.

I ususally plant roughly 200,000 to 220,000 seeds per acre which is on the high side but for forage is very accetable.

Eagle Seed Company has many varieties including a neat vining type that is excellent for growing up corn or sorghum.

Tons of forage but I would urge you to read thru my thread on corn and soybeans for more pros and cons and things to consider over regular RR soybeans which are roughly 40 bucks a bag.

I planted eagle soybeans last year and would like to do it again this year. I bought them last year for $50.00 a bag i think from midwest foodplots and picked them up to avoid shipping. Nice guy, he even offered to bring them to the deer classic for me to pick them up there to avoid shipping$$. They performed very good however, i was a little dissappointed by all the "trash"(chaff,bean hulls,stems,etc) that was in the bags which would have plugged my drill if i didnt sift through them. I even pulled off the tags and was going to call eagle with the lot numbers and let them know they had a "dirty" batch so they would be aware of a problem with their cleaning equipment. Seemed to have misplaced them between the field and barn though!! If you can get the price down i would be interested as you are closer to me than granger and i have dealt with john osenbaugh in the past and know he is a straight shooter.

Terry with Midwest Food Plots is going to have a booth at the Classic with Eagle soys for sale. That might be a convenient time to pick up a bag or two.

Hey guys for a multitude of reasons, I will not have the Eagle Brand at my booth at the Deer Classic. I will have a similiar RR forage soybean at my booth developed out of Illinois. The Eagle seed is a good seed, I just had issues with the price point.

Thanks
Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will have a similiar RR forage soybean at my booth developed out of Illinois. </div></div>

Do you have any other information on this soybean Terry? I have been told that there are no other true forage soybeans being marketed.

Last year I planted a bushy type soybean from nannyslayer that did very well but it's not a true forage soybean.

Eagle soys have a place but they are pricey and may not be the best bet for everyone.

I'm more interested in grain (soybeans) being left in the late season and forage beans are not known for producing a lot of grain.

I also like to be able to broadcast rye and brassicas into standing soys just before leaf drop and forage beans don't drop until they freeze.

Interesting stuff because deer sure do like them while they are green...so having them turn and thus "turn the deer off" in late October kinda turn me off...but that's just me... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

The company that is promoting them is Kitchen Seed, Inc out of Illinois. I'll be completely honest, I have not tested these, but the gentlman that I'm working with, I have worked with before and have been very reputable. The claim is that they are everything that Eagle is, but for $20 less a bag.

Price wasn't my only issue with Eagle, but in today's economy it was enough. For a dealer to make anything on Eagle, the bags that folks paid $50 for last year, will be closer to $75. Again, I had great success with the actual seed, but if your planting any substantial amount of acres $25 a bag is a lot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The claim is that they are everything that Eagle is, but for $20 less a bag </div></div>

Keep us posted on this soybean and see how they do... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom