Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

rubber boot question

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I am on my 4th year with my Alpha Burly boots and I have no complaints.

I have no issues with them being hard to get off or with them ripping.

I am actually thinking of getting another pair for early season hunting.

Good Boots!!!!!

i went to scheels and looked at boots today. the alpha lite series seems like it would be good. uppers are neoprene, so they will have a little more stretch when trying to remove. might be the way i go

um.... the new camo ones they have at wal mart look pretty sweet. Any info on those, can spend over a hundo on boots.

I agree teeroy, those alpha lites do look pretty sweet. I've been looking to get new rubber boots for a few years, especially since my old ones have a funkariffic odor coming out of them.

going to do some shopping around, check some prices, and try to decide which alpha lite i'm going to get, but i will be getting a pair soon

I am in my 2nd year of Alpha Burlys. Dont seem real bad to me with the wet feet deal. I have put two holes in them, and had shoe goo them up.:( Ripped one above the big toe on my trip to IA turkey hunting last year, and the other one first scouting trip this summer.

Dean

I quit wearing rubber boots two years ago.

Like Muddy said they are large and make you sound like the marshmellow man. They also sweet.

I have been using Danner Pronghorns and Rocky Pro Hunters (400 gram) the last two years. I alternate each day so the boots always dry out well and I have good waterproof conditioners. I also use a sock that wicks moisture.

I also spray the boots inside and out before and after each hunt.

I have had no problems with scent and they are much for comfortable and they are very quiet.

Good Luck

Never really used a rubber boot, per-say.

I have a pair of Irish Setter knee high's that have 400gr of thinsulate. They're sweet...Picked them up outta Sportmans Warehouse for $99...wish I would have bought three pairs for that price.

Muddy sounds like the Marshmellow man in his rubbers b/c he damn near is. At 7 foot, you would too. Benny on the other hand, really has no excuse.

Muck woody's for this guy! Sept to Jan with no problems at all.

Also, the 07 model is even better. If anyone plans on buying Mucks make sure you get this years current model. Much more durable is what I have been hearing. My brother loves his 07's. I will likely repurchase another set of mucks as I have destroyed mine the last 4 years or so.

Top Bottom