Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Running Cams Differently

cdpurcell

This year I started something different and I think I should have started sooner. I have 6 trail cams and have usually just placed them out on 6 different sections. This year instead I have been trying to get three to 4 out on the same section checking as many trails as I can in that section.

I pulled three memory cards today and found out that this works very well as far as figuring out where a deer might be coming from. Then I can hang a stand in the spot that would give me the most day light time for shooting. I realize that they will change there routine but this is working very well and it is neat to figure things out.

Here is a nice 8 I got running my cameras this way.

First Shot Camera #1
Target20101.jpg

Second Shot Camera #1
Target20102.jpg

Third Shot Camera #2 about 1000 yards away from #1 Camera
SUNP0024.jpg

I try to do this closer to season, post velvet when the bucks are tougher to find. I have all of my cameras on different properties right now but will narrow down here in about two weeks to really solidify some good tree stand locations. Good work!!

This is exactly how I've been using my three cams too. Time and at various intervals across the area I'm hunting so I can pattern them in and out of the area. So far I'm very happy with what I'm getting.

I start out in June with cameras spread out in different areas. As soon as I start finding deer I'd like to focus on, I put more cameras in that area to try to focus in on them. Of course once they hit hard horn all of those patterns start to change.

Top Bottom