Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut Activity - NE Iowa (Fayette area)

limblounger

Hey guys - hope everyone is starting to see some good activity or soon will be in the next week. Just wondering if anyone up close to the Fayette county area can give me an idea of pre-rut/rut activity. My brother, a buddy, and myself will be headed up there Nov 10-13 and wanted to see how things were progressing between now and then. By the sounds of it, we're gonna hit it just right but it's nice to have a little reassurance. :way: Thanks to anyone who can assist!

lotta small bucks chasing, few mature bucks moving during daylight should be reall good the next week or so and continue after that off and on probably havnt missed much yet

Hunt north of you about a half hr. Been seeing shooters (4.5 plus) from the 30th on. Hope your not to late they are rollin.
YIKES! That is not what I want to hear (but good for you!)... Bucks just cruising in daylight, or seeing chasing, tending, breeding?

lotta small bucks chasing, few mature bucks moving during daylight should be reall good the next week or so and continue after that off and on probably havnt missed much yet
This is more what I was hoping to hear! :D I'm sure there's pockets of ramped up activity. Keep the reports coming guys - appreciate it!

You will hit it about right I think. Right after the lockdown phase and bucks will be searching. Private or Public?
Public...my first time up there. My bro & friend's 5th year - but they've never hunted this late - usually last weekend of Oct or first weekend of Nov.

Well from the sounds of it there is one less 170 incher up there running around from you. Heard some guy shot one up there two weekends ago.

Well from the sounds of it there is one less 170 incher up there running around from you. Heard some guy shot one up there two weekends ago.
Really....I was up there doing some scouting that weekend - several vehicles around, figured it was because of early muzzy. Saw one truck with a large doe in the bed but that was it.

I was in northern fayette county today for work. At 2:30 I was a few miles north of hawkeye and within 50 yards of the paved road there was a group 6 bucks (no does) feeding in a picked corn field. Biggest was a 150's 10 point and the rest were small 6's and 8's.

Top Bottom