Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut hunt, Field edge or timber? Decoy?

I used a buck decoy tonight on a field edge. Every buck in sight came in to posture to the buck decoy. Does as usual got nervous. The biggest buck was a 130 9 point.

I absolutely love using decoys where there is a large vantage. Not using a decoy cost me a shot at a great buck a few times last year- big advantage IMO during these couple great weeks in Nov

Last edited:
This is my first year with decoy will never hunt rut without one again. Anyone wanna post video for me from Sunday morning hunt

I have never used a decoy. My only worry would be spooking a doe that has a trailing buck. But I have no experience with them

I have never used a decoy. My only worry would be spooking a doe that has a trailing buck. But I have no experience with them

I was afraid of the same thing but of have a doe spook with buck trailing most of the time the buck will come in for a fight to run the decoy off then get back on does trail

I have two kills with a buck decoy.

I've tried once with a doe, but saw no deer that night, so I can't really compare. My choice of bad location was the problem, not the doe decoy.

Are you guys having better luck with doe or buck decoys?

So far this yr three bucks 120-150" took the decoy completely out had to climb down and reset with doe decoy was more a calm entry from bucks fed over to and around her one tried to bump her around field and spooked when she didn't run when he checked her. So IMO buck is way to go as decoy the buck comes in gets aggressive makes poor choices on wind to protect his territory

Top Bottom