Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut is here!!!!

sofakingfast_1

deer running around like crazy. had 3 shooter bucks,3 or 4 young bucks and several groups of does in the winter wheat field this morning. a few of the bucks were chasing does full speed. dust from the dry field was flying everywhere! what is a good way to get a bucks attention and get him to come your way instead of chasing the doe? i tried my doe bleat and buck roar and couldnt get them to come towards me. are they pretty much set on getting the doe they are chasing or what? probably not a good thing that im hunting an area with several does around eh?

I'm not seeing any rut activity in my area yet. In fact the number of deer sightings in my area have gone to seeing some, to seeing none. I can't wait for this cold front to push in and for this next weekend.

I think the rut is a catch 22 scenario. You get to see the big boys up and around during the day, problem is they are more difficult to pattern and when they are targeting a doe, you are not going to get him away from her. Just have to hope they run by your tree and you can get him to stop.

Had the best morning I think I've ever had as far as seeing bucks the other day. I think I saw 10 different bucks in the course of 3-4 hours. Almost all of them were chasing does. I passed on a couple bucks, 1 that I'll probably regret looking back. It's the chance you take I guess. I think the big boys are really gonna pump up this week and next. But yeah, just gotta hope a monster runs by you. Right place at the right time.

Top Bottom