Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut? No Rut?

For me its a no go. I have Seen some light chasin but nothing yet for me. Live everyone is saying its area specific but This weekend should be good

Mitymite said:
get off your ass and in a tree stand and find out!

Woah...been in the tree quite a bit to be honest...I've seen signs but then I look over and still see does and fawns... More scrapes appearing and new/fresh rubs ...tell me what you think bright guy...

Sat. Night was great for me saw alot of chasin going on. Five different fights making rubs and scrapes. Had a fight in front of me at 15 yards. I dont think its full on because sunday saw two dif does with fawns, but either way its starting strong in my neck of the woods.

I work nights and have the pleasure of driving around. I saw more bucks tonight 10/30, than I have all year on any other night. Most bucks I stopped to look at just stood there and watched me. All of the big bucks I saw were near or semi-locked up with a doe. All the other bucks (little) were searching. I would say the rut is on!

One of my spots looks a little slow yet. Another area i hunt the bucks are on the does big time. The chase ought to be starting any time.

Fri night i had 12 does in the field and a buck coming in and chasing them. The fawns still feeding off mom. 2 days later found fresh scrapes. Does didnt seem interested but annoyed by the buck. Its getting closer though.

No rut. Still a lot of does with fawns Monday but here's weird thing there is a there is a large herd of does around(9 I think ) and Sunday morning a large buck was chasing them

Seems like the rut timing may be a little more spread out this year. On Saturday I saw two different mature bucks with a doe isolated in a middle of large fields. Very early for this activity compared to past years. However, I am also seeing some farms with 2.5 year old bucks travelling together and lots of large doe groups.

got all our crops out by the 10th of oct been sitting in stands on different farms ever since. Have yet to see a mature buck and have yet to see any chasing.

Still early from what I've seen. I have yet to see any cruising or chasing in the past 5 days and every doe I've seen has fawns with her.

I was driving around a local lake south of the Des Moines metro and saw quite a few deer. Most were feeding side by side but the last field I saw I did notice a smaller buck chasing a doe.

I probably saw 4 or 5 bucks, one that was a decent size, and then another 10-15 doe. 4 of them are on some public that I've hunted before, just not bow hunted before (since I just bought my bow).

Saw a few little bucks a couple years old chasing last night right at last light saw one of my stud deer 185 190 intimidating the smaller bucks but not chasing the does he would just look at them and cont. on his way walked right past my truck at 5 to ten yards from where it was parked. I think maybe I sit in the bed of my truck with a cooler of beer and grill a steak and just wait for him tonight. But no mature deer chasing around my p hill or runnels stands.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Still early from what I've seen. I have yet to see any cruising or chasing in the past 5 days and every doe I've seen has fawns with her.

Yep!!

It sure is discouragring seeing all these reports and I'm seeing very little if any rut activity. Does and fawns crawling all over me but no bone!!!

Sat most of the day on Saturday, filmed a video of a LONE fawn feeding under my stand. Lots of sign, starting to see more deer, but only light chasing like others said.

Been very slow so far but I saw 4 different pairs of fawns yesterday afternoon and I'm only responsible for orphaning 1 pair. Suspect things are about to get hot around here real soon.

Top Bottom