Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

rut still going on?

are the deer still in rut mode with these warm temp? or dont that have anything to do with it? what do you think they will be like for shotgun season?

I personally believe we are going into post rut right now. I seen one doe yesterday morning with 4 bucks chasing her. In my belief that means that the other does in the area have been bred. And she was one of the last ones in heat in the area. As for shotgun season rut season is over but there maybe some does that didnt get bred will go back into estrus around that time.

tonight i saw three does being tailed by a monster. the peak is over but there will still be does spontaneously coming into heat over the next week or so. it aint over, but the end is in sight.
i will still rattle all weekend and use the decoy. but not for long

and Jeremy.....
you dont know anything....:)
jk
grin.gif

The buck I shot yesterday was locked down with a hot doe, same as he was last Sunday. I did see a lot of other bucks cruising so I'd say the first wave of breeding has peaked and the bucks are looking for the "secondary" rut does.

Top Bottom