Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut

bigddy09

Anyone seeing big boys in warren or Clark counties? Sat for three days so far and just doesn't seem like they are in full rut yet

Ahh someone hunting the same counties as me. But I have been hunting evenings and have had little bucks chasing good, but the big bucks are not chasing as hard. I've been seeing good mature bucks cruising around 530 while hunting and driving around. The bucks are responding really well to a rattle.

Last edited:
all i've seen so far is lone bucks, pairs of unharassed does and the same little 4 pointer harassing every few days

little ones are chasing and the big boys are just starting to push the does around now. Would have had a decent buck last night but found out that my neighbor put a stand 60 yards from where my stand is, 2ft. on his side of the fence and was rattling every 5 minutes and when he wasnt rattling he was grunting, I wanted to get down out of my and tell him to shut up because he was scaring the deer away. The buck was coming right for me and then he starts his calling frenzy and scares everything away. Some people watch too many T.V. shows. That is all for my rant and rave. The big boys are just starting to move though.

brand32-09 said:
little ones are chasing and the big boys are just starting to push the does around now. Would have had a decent buck last night but found out that my neighbor put a stand 60 yards from where my stand is, 2ft. on his side of the fence and was rattling every 5 minutes and when he wasnt rattling he was grunting, I wanted to get down out of my and tell him to shut up because he was scaring the deer away. The buck was coming right for me and then he starts his calling frenzy and scares everything away. Some people watch too many T.V. shows. That is all for my rant and rave. The big boys are just starting to move though.

Ha! I had some one do the same thing last year got a little irritating so when he rattled I would rattle right after him.

If he is your neighbor then why not talk to him and fix problem. Have had this happen too. It always seems like best spot is on the fence line.

Haven't seen any mature bucks chasing. Last weekend when it was cooler had a couple big guys cruising, but definitely not full blown rut action, which is disappointing!

This past Thursday night I would of said rut had opened up over night with seeing so many bucks chasing Doe's hard and non stop but since then we haven't seen much. Glad I shot a mature buck that night.

I know when the rut starts because the trees on my acreage get slammed and this morning I found first carnage. Pine branches everywhere..............ck

gosh i hope that wasnt me! lol. i was rattleing and grunting like that and everytime i had somthing come in. couple times i got busted with the horns in my hands.. Goodluck.

I would like to talk to him and just let him know that he should think about calling a little less. Not really sure on how I should approach him about this though. I dont have a problem with him being that close to the fence because its his land and he can do as he pleases. It just kinda messes up my stand when he is rattling that much and grunting all the time.

All the big bucks we are seeing our locked down with does. It sucks. I also cant stand the guys that rattle and grunt every five minutes on public ground. You think they would catch on that hey, every buck in the block hears this all day long. The big bucks litterally run from any kind of that nonsense where I am at.

I'll second what Liv said. Lock down. No mature bucks seen, without a doe. Seen them bedded in road ditches and the like. Been stalking off the ground for several years now, this fall I'm going to hold off and wait for them to start cruising again.

I too hunt warren and clarke county. I have yet to see chasing. I have seen some decent bucks by themselves cruising but no chasing. Otherwise the deer are acting like it is September.

Top Bottom