Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

rye and white clover plot

Buck-Man

Ill be tilling, broadcasting, culti-packing the rye then broadcasting and culti-packing the clovers on top . will this work?

If im gonna be planting a perennial clover plot with winter rye what does the plot need done come spring to make sure the white clovers remain only in this plot?

I think I am going to plant my rye/clover plot early this year. DBLtree says around Sept 1st, but I think we are gong to get early frost and I am going to plant my the next time a good rain is coming. Really dry around Brighton right now. Mid to late august this year.

I planted my rye/clover mix yesterday into powder dry soil. I won't have any germination unti we get a rain. Who know's when that will be. If it happens tomorrow I will take it but I'm not holding my breath.

I planted mine pretty late last year. It never got more than a few inches tall because it never rained, but this spring the rye grew really well and has done a great job getting the clover started.

will this work as a combo, clover and tricticale, instead of rye? Hopefully it will rain again at some point by Oct?

Top Bottom