Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

rye clover plot

kevpann

PMA Member
Got mine in this morning and rains looks like it's a half hour away. Got the brassicas in two weeks ago a little late in know. There up but could use a drink haven't had any rain yet. Any one else get theres in yet?

I planted rape and radish last weekend. Sitting in dust waiting. Looks like a long wait. Rain in Western Iowa,,is sitting in western Iowa,,and some forecasts now say it will die,,so good luck with that.

Got all my plots done last weekend. I do have some rye & radish to broadcast in beans when they are ready BUT I'm done. Rain is hammering it all now. My Brassicas have been in for 3-4 weeks and flourishing. thank goodness for this rain!!!

I got in an acre of Frigid Forage Autumn Quick Plot last week Thursday. I spent the weekend in NE Iowa for a wedding and was watching the radar religiously :)

My rain a half hour away ended up 4 hours away. It just kept disipating like it has all year. Can't complain to much we still got 3/10's better then nothing. Now 90's all week.

I got my rye, red clover, oats, peas, and forage radish in last thurs and friday and saturday we got 1.4" rain. I could see little bitty clover already popping tonight.

It seems the timing was perfect. Hopefully we get some timely rains or they could sprout and die as under where ever that rain soaked to it is dry as the hole I dug to see where there was moisture prior to the rain was still dry after 10" so I quit digging and just started hoping and praying it would start raining.

Top Bottom