Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

S40 Sony cam

guitarzan

I've got an S40 Sony cam. How will that work for a home brew? Anyone know of someone that can do the camera mod? I emailed bfoutdoors, but haven't heard back yet.

I emailed Bfoutdoors also.About 2 weeks ago. I had some questions for him. Never got a reply. Seen him post a few messages on here after that though. Not sure whats up. Must be busy.

I am sorry if I havent replied back to you guys I thought I had caught up on all my emails Ill go back and check now again if you dont get a answer from me please try and resend a email
On the question of the s40 it does a pretty nice job as a trail cam 2 things I am not crazy about is the little telescoping lens and it also is auto focus camera and you cant set it to manual focus like we can with a p32 or p41 The auto focus will slow it down a little at night making it about a 3.5 second camera using a wide angle fresnel will usually help enough that it can even work well on trails The flash is strong and a pretty good choice for a trail cam The hack is not the easiest though and unfortunatly I am to busy right now with the real job to do any camera hacks Ill do all I can to get you going in the right direction with them though
One last thing the ir hack is not a option It will be so out of focus at night that it will be useless

Sorry guys I believe I answered them now. I have been busy and just got a cold flu thing that I just cant shake
I believe one of you were asking about a ir mod on a s40 and it in itself was probabally enough to make me choke without feeling sick. I love the ir cams but a s40 is just a bad choice(Makes a great white flash cam) its auto focus makes it near impossable to get back just right and what you end up with is a poorly focused cam I have the mod for the ir on it in my website but it uses a much harder method of shimming it back into place and believe me it can take many hours for me to get one back where I am satisfied
Anyhow I think I got both of your emails answered let me know if I missed them
Thanks Dave

Top Bottom