Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sad outcome.

May God be with the family and friends in their time of need. Any loss is devastating but the loss of a child can be one that leaves an exceptional amount of scars and pain. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

My sentiments as well.

THat's horrific, this raises a question. Exactly how does that happen?? Did she have a primer in the gun?

THat's horrific, this raises a question. Exactly how does that happen?? Did she have a primer in the gun?

Had to be a primer didn't there? Unless they had shot it for some reason that morning before hunting and there was a bit of smoldering powder in the breech plug or something that lit the next load? Is that even possible?

What a horrible deal, it serves us all as a reminder to keep all guns pointed in a safe direction. I am sure that if a family was hunting together that they are great people! No one should ever have to bury their child!

* the original post may come across in bad taste, but I doubt it was meant that way.

I heard an old timer say once that static electricity can ignite gun powder. I too am curious about the details of the accident for the sake of others not repeating the actions that caused it. My heart goes out to them, absolutely tragic in every sense. Prayers for everyone involved.

This whole site is really starting to deteriorate. No one can have an opinion without someone taking it as a personal attack ?? Not just talking about this thread. So many end up in the same place. Maybe instead of gun hunters trying to read between the lines and assume all bow hunters want gun seasons closed you could read what people are saying and agree its not perfect and there are plenty off ass clowns out there during all seasons but gun has the most. And MAYBE a little tweaking wouldn't destroy it. Bow hunters alone cannot and will not keep the deer herd in check. So that shouldn't even be an option. Tree stands are super dangerous, but if you aren't carefull you hurt yourself. Guns don't kill people alone. People who think that once that bullet clears the barrel anything is certain are dangerous. No one on here most likely shoots daily? Even a marine sniper knows that once a shot is sent down range its not coming back and the best laid plans are not always a sure thing. The finality a bullet carries is not given enough reverence. And, if I am not mistaken in my lifetime I have also heard of 2 people ( both in Wisconsin) getting shot by bow. If the only way hunting is fun is 5 to 10/shots at a time maybe you are in it for the wrong reasons. Safety and human life should be a top priority. As in this story, even that isn't enough. Prayers.

People need to chill out. Assumptions were drawn by the OP based on the article in the paper. It said the ML discharged while preparing for a hunt with others. A logical guess as to what happened wasn't a ML going off while loading. In fact I've never heard of that happening personally until now.

It was a horrible tragedy but piling on the OP isn't necessary. He never attempted to argue his view. Information came out after his post and removed "guessing" as to what happened. Yes he may have been wrong for drawing a party hunting conclusion, but that doesn't warrant attacks on him. People are just as wrong assuming things about his post or character IMO.

At the end of the day it's a terrible accident and we all should have sympathy for the family and leave our own assumptions at the door.

Top Bottom