Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

sad sad day........

cody dusenberry

hey guys shot me a monster buck late sunday night and must say biggest buck i have had the honor to shoot...... just one problem, cant find him. spent all day and do mean all day looking for him but finaly found the arrow about 100 yrds from where i shot him just laying on the ground coverd with blood but didnt see any drops from where arrow was found. ended up finding spot where he brushed up on and left some good blood but once again after that nothing........... have a sick sick feeling in my gut tonight knowing that there's a chance that im not going to find this one.

Sorry to hear that, its a terrible feeling. Where did you hit him, look right away, what broadhead and what angle was he?

lost deer

sorry to hear about that with the warm weather he wouldn't be good to eat anyway best you could do is find him for the rack might get some friends and sweep the area might get lucky and he might still be alive and you could get him then, also listen for crows in an area they will find him quick and make a lot of noise,

Yeah check the nearest water,,,I've tracked plenty of liver shot bucks, everyone goes atleast 400yds if bumped at all before it lays back down,,go out at night and listen for the dogs having a feast they will be yapping,,,same with crows during the day!!!! where are you I'll help ya,,don't give up!!

hey guys thanks for all the comments, havnt had a chance to get back out in the timber with work and everything. been three days and still have that bad gut feeling about not finding him. going to head out thursday morning right after work with a group of guys and hope something turns up. once again thanks for the comments and sorry if took so long to reply back. gonna have to keep the crow idea in mind.

yeah going to deff keep my eyes and ears open for crows and check by water sources. only bad thing about water sources is i hunt right by wapsipinican river that rolls through olin and jungle town. cant wait till tommorrow and hope we find it so this gut feeling i have will go away.

Update?

Hope you found him...I went though the same exact thing Sunday night. I found mine on Monday afternoon though. Hope the same happens to you!

Top Bottom