Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Saddening

muddy

End of 2nd shotgun season is almost here, seems like this year went by way to fast don't ya think?

Its really flying by but I will be out for late muzzy
grin.gif

Geesh! Don't make me slap you! You have late muzzle yet to go and all I can do is be a cheer leader on the sideline.
frown.gif
Talk about sad..... Stick a fork in me, I'm done!
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am chomping at the bit for late muzzleloader.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on December 18th!
waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

cool.gif
Rain or snow...still more fun then sitting around waiting
cool.gif

How will you late muzzy guys change tactics if it doesn't get colder for awhile. Inevitably, it will be 10 degrees, snowy and windy, but until then, what will you change in your hunting location?

If its not real cold I will sit on some travel routes/funnels. Talked to a guy yesterday and he saw a couple of bucks chasing a few does around looking for the late bloomers. But I would take 10 degrees and 4" of snow any day!

If it stays warm during late season I'll become religious... because it'll take divine intervention to get big bucks up on their feet before it gets dark in the afternoon.

[ QUOTE ]
... because it'll take divine intervention to get big bucks up on their feet before it gets dark in the afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have had some divine intervention yesterday around 1pm, because two bucks were chasing does. I ended up shooting one of the bucks, a nice 8 point, yesterday afternoon at 3:45 pm in the bean field I was hunting.

[ QUOTE ]
Just hoping for cold weather and about 4 inches of snow would be prime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy I hate it when that happens...
wink.gif

Cold weather sure is a whole lot more likely to get mature bucks on their feet and headed for food in daylight hours.

Course a hot doe never hurts either, but they'll be scarce as hens teeth from now on
smirk.gif

There are still some big boys moving. My home office overlooks some apple trees that back up to my timber, so I am basically watching my stand 10 hours a day. Several times this week I have seen a mature buck from 1 to 3pm. Although if I put my spotlight out there at 11 to 12pm I have 30 plus deer out there. Just get out there and you will be fine

last weekend of shotgun=
rambo.gif
at the does!!!!
grin.gif

then, the long wait for the big one durring muzzy season!!!!!
ooo.gif

HunterMan
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

Johnson Co:

If my office had that view I would be poorer than a bible salesman in Las Vegas.
grin.gif
grin.gif
How do you ever get any work done from Sept to Feb ??

Top Bottom