Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Safeline

kjohn15

I wanted to share my experience this afternoon. After climbing into my stand and beginning to retrieve my bow up, the straps on my lock-on popped and I fell. The straps were inspected when I put the stand up in September so I'm not sure what happened. Fortunately before last season I made safelines for all of our stands and it did its job. When I made them, my wife wasn't thrilled spending that much money to make that many, but I told her it was the cheapest insurance I could find. Needless to say she is thrilled(I think) that I'm ok! Be safe and connect from the ground up! I'm now in a trusty lone wolf waiting for a buck to follow the game plan. Good luck guys!

awesome success story! There are way to many that go the other way! I am in the middle of this process as well. money well spent!

I wanted to share my experience this afternoon. After climbing into my stand and beginning to retrieve my bow up, the straps on my lock-on popped and I fell. The straps were inspected when I put the stand up in September so I'm not sure what happened. Fortunately before last season I made safelines for all of our stands and it did its job. When I made them, my wife wasn't thrilled spending that much money to make that many, but I told her it was the cheapest insurance I could find. Needless to say she is thrilled(I think) that I'm ok! Be safe and connect from the ground up! I'm now in a trusty lone wolf waiting for a buck to follow the game plan. Good luck guys!

Wow! Glad to hear you are OK!! I hope others read this and follow your lead. On one hand, a few hundred bucks is a lot of money to spend on ropes...BUT it is nothing compared to the cost of actually falling. We have safelines on all of our hang on stands too. I know I feel much more at ease with myself and especially others being safe while hunting.

Glad it worked and you are safe- I def do not use them like I should and this is a story that def makes me realize that! Goodluck and drop a big one!

Reading this reminds me to get back in the habit we have safety lines on all our stands and I catch myself rarely using them.

Glad to here that your OK. Very scary. When you say your strap "popped", what do you mean specifically? Did it detach from the stand? Just curious as some guys may want to double check their equipment.

Just started putting these on our stands. Feels a whole lot safer. Glad you're okay. I just bought the tree spider safelines for about $25 each. Pretty cheap insurance if you ask me. Can you build them yourself for less by the time you get both kinds of rope and a carabiner?

Glad to here that your OK. Very scary. When you say your strap "popped", what do you mean specifically? Did it detach from the stand? Just curious as some guys may want to double check their equipment.
The top strap broke in half. Must have had a weak spot or it had been chewed since mid September. After the top strap went the stand tipped forward and the bottom strap gave out too. Dumped me straight down and the stand fell to the ground.

Just started putting these on our stands. Feels a whole lot safer. Glad you're okay. I just bought the tree spider safelines for about $25 each. Pretty cheap insurance if you ask me. Can you build them yourself for less by the time you get both kinds of rope and a carabiner?
I did a lot of research on these prior to buying the supplies and watched for great deals on 500ft of 11.6mm assault line rope made by blue water. I did the same on the 6 mm prusik cord. I made 25 ft lines but I would pry make them a little longer if I made more. I figured it cost $18/line or so to make them. I used safetreehunt.com for instructions.

I absolutely won't leave the ground without one! I'm not sure why, but I just can't get other people to use them. I own a shop and even sell them at my cost just to try to get people to use them, but they just won't listen.
I've read that nearly 75%+ of treestand accidents happen on the way up or way down and these are by far the best insurance against having to use your insurance (heath or life)!

Best investment I ever made. Bought mine on a sale at REI, 8mm main line and 5mm prussic line.

This line is listed as climbing accessory line, I've tried it out several times from a staged "fall" and the harness started to tear while the line and prussic held up great.

Top Bottom