Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Safety 1st

Bukmastr

I have a freind named Bernie, He is my Mom's 77 (I think) year old neighbor, who is always hanging around at Ma's asking questions about hunting. I took him hunting a few times in the last couple years... He is a pretty cool dude. Well he came over before rut and said he was going up to Black river falls to bowhunt and was asking some advice as well as just wanting to talk hunting. I asked him about his safety harness cause he uses one of those old one strap deals that will kill ya if you fall... I told him about the vest that Whitetail Addictions gave me and took him out by the truck and showed it to him... After hearing they were over $100. he said he could not afford it on his retirement budget... I asked him what his life was worth... That was the last thing I said to him... I was notified he fell out of his stand and his harness failed. He broke 5 ribs and punctured one lung. It took 1 1/2 hours before any body came looking for him.... He is in the hospital in Black river, he has been in Intensive care for about two weeks now... Those words I last told him keep ringing in my ears....
This is the second good friend who was severly injured this year from a treestand fall.
PLEASE be safe out there!

hoofline.gif

I am very sorry to hear about your elderly bow hunting friend. I hope he recovers soon from his injuries.

Such a shame, I know many of us on this web site have a number of safety harnesses that we have never used. One comes with every new treestand now days.

If anyone needs a safety harness please send me a PM.

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

I just gave one of my extra harnesses to a kid starting hunting. No point in keeping 3 and 4 harnesses on the shelf that you will never use. Give them away!!!

I went and viseted Bernie today. He is doing fairly well. I was wrong about him having 5 ribs broke, there are actually 7... 5 on one side. He said he was not that high up. Said he remembers falling but not much after that till he woke up on the ground. He took an impact to the side of his head that apparently knocking him unconscience. When he came too, he was able to get his son and grandson on the radio and they came looking for him.
He is finally out of the hostpital and on the road to full recovery.

Top Bottom