Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Safety Harness?

wegner36

just curious as to how many of you guy wear a safety harness...and if you use some sort of safety line while climbing.

I use a belt and use it to lean away from the tree to shoot, which is hard to do with a harness. I'm not saying NOT TO USE a harness, before someone jumps my a** about it. I just don't see how a person can use a climbing belt though?

I climb with a linemans belt and then usually don't hunt with a harness. But am wearing one on days we are filming, so I am starting to get used to it! Should be wearing it all the time, but somehow haven't convinced myself of that yet!

I wear a HSS vest in the tree but nothing while going up.
Some trees you just can't use a harness in and still be able to shoot all ways.

Upper body harness. Allows good mobility and keeps my bulky cold weather clothes out of the way of my bow string.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some trees you just can't use a harness in and still be able to shoot all ways.</div></div>

I switched to the HSS vest this year and have noticed turning to my right to shoot behind my tree is difficult if not impossible. Can't get completely swung around because the tether is too short. I wish they had the rope lanyard with the prussic knot like the Seat of the Pants model. It offers a lot of adjustment.

I will always wear a safety harness regardless of the situation - I owe it to my family to wear it. Plus I'm really considering the ascending/descending safety system that is optional with the HSS product. I don't think a guy can be too safe out there.

Use my harness going up and down when useing my climber,but when hunting a fixed stand I tie off once in the stand.

My HSS pisses me off when I wear my rain gear. With my hood down it rubs on the tether and makes to much noise. I have been in spots where I couldn't draw at a deer behind the tree. Safety sucks! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I use the Seat of Pants - SOP - harness. It came with a lineman's belt which I use when hanging stands in the tree. It took some getting used to before I felt comfortable leaning from the tree without holding on. I wouldn't think of leaving the ground without it now.

I climb to my stand bare-naked but I attach myself to the tree with either an HHS or an upper body harness before stepping onto the platform.

Anybody hunts from an elevated position without some type of upper body harness is a fool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhitetailFanatic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I climb to my stand bare-naked </div></div>

Not sure I wanna see that, Tom. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

I know what ya mean, j/k.

Top Bottom