Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Safety harness

johng9662

Does anyone have issues when trying to draw back with it interfering with your safety harness and what do you do to make it easier?

If you haven't switched to a rope tree strap I would highly recommend one. Gives you an extra foot or so.

Last edited:
Put the strap that goes on the tree to hook your harness as high as you can get it. It keeps the line tight and out of the way.

I have had problem. The only thing I have been able to do is loosen the strap on my shooting arm. Not ideal but it is a compromise.

Thanks for the replies. I will try to see how it works out. I hadn't always used a harness, but would rather be safe than finding out how high I can bounce. The other harness I was using from time to time was just around the waist so it never got in the way.

I use the harness that they give you with the stands and the HSS tree rope. I put the tree rope as high as I can and still sit comfortably and bend forward a little while sitting. You can also slide the prussic knot down and stay attached to the tree if you need to bend down more than that (assuming you have the tree rope so it won't loosen and slide down the tree---I try to always have it go above a limb, and have heard of using a tree step or some type of hook if no limb is available). Don't have much problem with getting caught on the tether strap this way. Also, works a lot better being able to use the caribiner to attach the tether strap to the tree rope than trying to thread the tree strap that they give you thru the tether and cinch it up. Plus the rope lets you attach to a bigger tree than those straps that come with the harness/stand (#1 reason I bought the HSS tree rope, with #2 being the caribiner/prussic knot combo).

Top Bottom