Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Safety Ropes

Critter

Life Member
Just thinking ahead here a little bit and thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions. I've got quite a few new stands to hang this coming spring and have decided to hang a "Safety Rope" at each one. Seems like every year I get a little more cautious when it comes to getting up and down trees, especially in areas that most people wouldn't be able to find me in if I didn't come home. For anyone that uses these ropes, what size (diameter), and type of rope did you use. Same thing for the prussic(sp) knot, is there a certain kind of rope that shouldn't be used? I'm guessing most nylon ropes would work, but I think I'll hit the military surplus stores first to see what they have available. Thanks in advance guys and gals.
CRITTER

[ QUOTE ]
I've got quite a few new stands to hang this coming spring and have decided to hang a "Safety Rope" at each one. Seems like every year I get a little more cautious when it comes to getting up and down trees, especially in areas that most people wouldn't be able to find me in if I didn't come home.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did some checking myself for the same reasons and found that the Tree Stand Life-Line by Hunters Safety System is the only really safe system when combined with a safety vest.

I'm going to start putting them up this spring.

It's easy to forget about the fatalties last fall...lives that could have been saved had they used a lifeline and vest.

Kernmantle Life Saftey Rope should do the trick, it is for rappeling and has shock resistance. 1/2 is single person, 5/8 two person, might as well make the prusics the same size though, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link

Top Bottom