Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Same person???

Full Quiver

OrionWhitetails and Orion Whitetails.

Is this the same person?

Don't know if this matters or not, but I noticed the second one (newer one) has a space between Orion and Whitetails, the original one does not.

Could someone be chumming the waters???

I wonder if we have been had. A check of the user list shows Orion Whitetail registerd on 5/19/07 and Orionwhitetals registered on 8/24/00.

Remember a few days ago when bestofiowa made his first ever post about NR land owner changes? In that thread Iowaqdm forwarded an E-mail he had received from a Corey Wiedel to Mickey Hellickson and Mickey's reply to Corey.

My guess is bestofiowa is Orion Whitetails. I also wonder if the E-mail Iowaqdm received was legit. Not questioning Iowaqdm at all, it sure looked legit to me.

I just found the Orion posts a bit out there to be from somebody who has a reputation to protect. I've never met the real Mickey Hellickson so I don't know what kinda guy he is. Suffice it to say, I'll be the first to appologize to the real Mickey Hellickson if it is warranted.

The 'Bonker

I just went through and read all of the previous posts from both Orionwhitetails and Orion Whitetails. The original Orion posted 1 time in the bestofiowa thread. Then the new one began posting all of the others. They appear to be similar, but have differences as well. Different email addresses and PO boxes in the links...

My contact info is...

Mickey W. Hellickson, Ph.D.
P.O. Box 5861
Kingsville, TX 78364-5861
e-mail: [email protected]

King Ranch Chief Wildlife Biologist
King Ranch Production Office
P.O. Box 1090
Kingsville, TX 78364-1090
Ph: (361) 221-0317 (Ofc)
(361) 219-0416 (Mob)
Fax: (361) 595-4162
E-mail: [email protected]

Now I know that doesn't mean it's not the same person, but reading all the posts from the original Orion, he seemed well liked by many of you, and also very respectful and understanding of the NR issue and eager to help with QDM. Makes you wonder.
confused.gif

Last night I was reading an article in the latest QDM mag about Culling by antler appearance. The main source quoted was research done by MH .It’s hard to believe it's the same guy that did all that work could makes such off the wall post as I have seen here in the last week or so.

I'm not sure if they are the same person but the email I posted seemed legitimate. I can't gaurantee anything but I went back to see if I had deleted the original email. Fortunately I hadn't. So I will post it again. If you have any question as to the legitimacy of the email just one look at the contacts it was forwarded to and you'll believe that it is real. Everyone from Mark Drury, Gene and Berry Wensel, Larry Zack, Judd Cooney, Stuart Hagen, Ed Spinozzola, Willie Suchy, the list goes on and on. I obviously don't know everyone the email was forwarded to or how they would feel about this email but there are some big name people on it. I was tempted to copy and paste the names of everyone that it was forwarded to but some of the big shots probably wouldn't appreciate their email addresses floating around. I wonder if Willie Suchy or Larry Zack will come on and post their thoughts as to this email. They would have recieved it. I know both of them are on IW at times. Maybe they will verify the original email was forwarded by Micky Hellickson. I believe the email is 100% legitimate and that we will be facing a serious battle during the next legislative session.

Previous | Next | Back to Messages
DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...
Printable View This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]

From: "Mickey W. Hellickson" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: [deleted]

Subject: Iowa non-resident landowners have NO rights!
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:45:19 -0600
Folks,

Anyone who shares the opinions Cory & I do below, please e-mail me back with your contact information & I will work on getting an organizational meeting lined up to see what kind of group size, etc. we might be able to end up with... maybe we can make a difference collectively as a group???

Mick

P.O. Box 1090
(361) 219-0416 (Mob)
Web site: www.king-ranch.com

----- Original Message -----
To: Cory J. Wiedel
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: coyote and fawn

Cory,

I couldn't agree with you more! With your permission, I would like to forward your comments to everyone I know in a similar situation to see if we might be able to stir up enough interest to create an organization & possibly hire a lobbyist at some point in the future to take our issues up with the Iowa legislature???

Mick

P.O. Box 1090
(361) 219-0416 (Mob)
Web site: www.king-ranch.com
----- Original Message -----
To: Mickey W. Hellickson
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 6:10 PM
Subject: RE: coyote and fawn

Any thoughts on this, I posted this on hunting.net

I am a Nebraska resident and own land in Kansas and Iowa.

In Kansas I can get a "Hunt-Own-Land" permit for around $80 and I get to shoot one buck per year and can hunt any season till I kill a buck. In Kansas you've got to own a minimum of 80 acres.

In Iowa I have no rights being a landowner. Because of the drawing system, I have to choose bow, shotgun or muzzleloader and in the last 5 years I've got a liscece to shoot a buck about every other year. I just paid for a bow permit last week and it was over $425.

Does anyone know what would be the steps a landowner could try to get something passed in Iowa like what they have in Kansas . I think Kansas 's laws are fair and reasonable and I think landowners should have at least a few rights.

Does anyone know when Kansas got the non-resident landowner laws they have today and what they were previously?

Thanks Everyone and Any Ideas Would be Welcomed!
DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...
Previous | Next | Back to Messages Save Message Text | Full

P.H.D or not...you couldn't make me go down to the King Ranch and kill some skinny necked, pencil horned, fed like domestic cattle buck.
smirk.gif

All right, maybe that was a bit childish on my part, but I am speaking what I feel. IMHO there is no place worse than Texas when it comes to what hunting has become today.

[ QUOTE ]
IMHO there is no place worse than Texas when it comes to what hunting has become today.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
P.H.D or not...you couldn't make me go down to the King Ranch and kill some skinny necked, pencil horned, fed like domestic cattle buck.
smirk.gif

All right, maybe that was a bit childish on my part, but I am speaking what I feel. IMHO there is no place worse than Texas when it comes to what hunting has become today.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way in the world you could get me NOT to come to Canada and kill one of those hog necked, massive horned, not fed whitetail of yours, but thats just me.
grin.gif

Top Bottom