Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Same trend.

loneranger

This morn,,SAT, up here where they are still flooded,,stormed. Along and north of I-80. Trend has held,,even though most areas are OK with moisture,,,DesMoines for the month-3 inches. Ottumwa- 1 and three quarters. East of there near Fairfield inch and quarter. Burlington 1/2 inch. Majority rain falls west of I-35 and North of I-80 in most Summers. Hope I get some tonight down there, cause is last chance for another week. Last rain at my place last SAT....

You know, I don't think the Loneranger knows any rain dances. Maybe a new screen name and pass time are in your in future, eh Kemosabe?

Best looking crops we have had in 15 plus years here. So good they are talking about continued plummets in corn prices. Deer are looking nice and healthy too

Kratz

Se Iowa has best crops in state from what i have seen. My crops are doing awesome. Drive thru Adair if you need something to be sad about.

Is true best crops are in SE Iowa. Up here along I-80 a sad sight. Lakes in the fields. Even if it were to stop raining the corn and beans I think would make it thru fine in the SE. I am just looking at the overall trends, not a crop farmer view. Every Summer the jet streams head north. In general the farther south you are, the less action storm wise you get. Coarse there are always exceptions as Nature has a way like that. Crazy ways likelast Sun-nite. There were a couple of storms up near Pella and Oskaloosa. They were heading to the Se. I thot sure they were no threat to me. Darndest thing the storms actually back up heading south and moved west,,,then congealed into one, then that one shrank down in size until it was one small cell heading right twards Eldon, and my land. When it hit it was the only storm left in the state, Not a lot of rain but wow! what an electrical storm! Anyhow,,it seems in Summer I-80 has to be flooding for Se Iowa to get normal rainfalls. When rain is average up there, we are droughty. I just like to follow trends year to year and I-35 and I-80 are the most frequent focal points for storms in the summer. I even heard a College trained meteorologist express this idea so I am not alone. If you keep records like I do you notice things. It usually all evens out at the end of a year all seasons combined. Western Iowa usually is drier during falls and winters.

I got 1000 acres worth of beans in the ground and went much lighter on corn. Right now I'm very happy I went that route! All looks tremendous thus far.

Is true best crops are in SE Iowa. Up here along I-80 a sad sight. Lakes in the fields. Even if it were to stop raining the corn and beans I think would make it thru fine in the SE. I am just looking at the overall trends, not a crop farmer view. Every Summer the jet streams head north. In general the farther south you are, the less action storm wise you get. Coarse there are always exceptions as Nature has a way like that. Crazy ways likelast Sun-nite. There were a couple of storms up near Pella and Oskaloosa. They were heading to the Se. I thot sure they were no threat to me. Darndest thing the storms actually back up heading south and moved west,,,then congealed into one, then that one shrank down in size until it was one small cell heading right twards Eldon, and my land. When it hit it was the only storm left in the state, Not a lot of rain but wow! what an electrical storm! Anyhow,,it seems in Summer I-80 has to be flooding for Se Iowa to get normal rainfalls. When rain is average up there, we are droughty. I just like to follow trends year to year and I-35 and I-80 are the most frequent focal points for storms in the summer. I even heard a College trained meteorologist express this idea so I am not alone. If you keep records like I do you notice things. It usually all evens out at the end of a year all seasons combined. Western Iowa usually is drier during falls and winters.

The jet stream is dipping so far South that it's bringing 40 degree Canadian air with it, that shoots the jet stream to North theory down

:eek:The jet streams are multiple. You are correct though. The active jets are gonna take a trip south,. Expect some severe weather in the south and east coast when it does. The question is,,,tonight,, will everything come together for rain to break out as this transition takes place. This shift south will take a gradual timeframe and there are many elements that have to be together for storms. A, CAPPED, atomosphere usually takes hold as summer progresses and this dominates too,,, the farther south you travel. This cap can prevent storm development and is more dominant south than north. At any rate, the useasonalbly cool Canadian air will not last long and the active jets will head back north soon at the end of the week. Just like yesterday and last night,, the HOT Humid air mass pushed across Iowa with little resistance until it hit I-80 and points North. When the air masses clash,,,,rain breaks out. Early Spring this .Clash. happens further south and as summer goes on the battle and resistance moves north. The heat and humidity took over MO and Southern Iowa last night with little activity at all. This is more weather than most people care about. Unless you are a weather NUT like me. Sorry!

Cap has broken in SE Iowa as of 6pm Sat the 12th,.Oskaloosa to Eddyville, flash flood warning! Thankfully that is north of me. Like I said,,Nature is crazy and most times doing opposite of what we expect!

One last post on here in case anyone reads it.I hope everyone got some rain last night as it looks dry for the week and then computers are hinting at the real heat and blocking that usually appears in Iowa this time of year will kick in the following week.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling….

"Normal" patterns are simply the average of a bunch of "abnormal" data points. The state has enough rain to put crops in the bin, and crop prices recognize and reflect this. Love your input on this site, but surely there comes a time to admit enough is enough.

NWBuck

One last post on here in case anyone reads it.I hope everyone got some rain last night as it looks dry for the week and then computers are hinting at the real heat and blocking that usually appears in Iowa this time of year will kick in the following week.

Really? Only 3 out if the next 15 days are above 85 with the majority less than 80. That puts us into Aug which is traditionally a drier month.

Only know that is what some computers are hinting at from the DesMoines weather service. Every Summer big dome of hot air is somewhere in the US. So far a NW flow in the atomosphere over Iowa haskept this Summer's dome confined to the west. I hope this continues,,but got to figure eventually we get some of it.?

Another computer confirmation that next week well into the 90's, with little in the way of precip. This is bound to come at some point. After all,,it is,,High Summer, and it is,,IOWA. Glad it has stayed away this long!

summer heat can't hit soon enough...we have profit-margins to fulfill at work. Energy is a 3rd-quarter business in Iowa!!!

We just hit a high of 61 today in MN, I feel so global warmed that I can't take it

Northern MN had temps in the 40's

Top Bottom