Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sanctuaries

Just curious of those of you who have established sanctuaries on your hunting property. How zealous to you honor them.. Do you shed hunt them late winter, or do you stay out completely.

Right or wrong, I shed hunt mine a couple of times, but not until about late February or early March. Otherwise, I very rarely go in there.

I will have TSI work done there this winter though.

I shed hunt it a couple of times in late Winter.

The important thing is that it remain a safety zone during hunting seasons...I don't think a shed hunt or two will diminish its effectiveness.

I personally don't have a sanctuary on the ground I hunt. I do only hunt that certain area when the time, wind, and day is right. But I only hunt that spot probably twice a year and during the rut when I believe the least damage will be done.

I believe that during the rut you can get away with murder in the woods so take advantage of it. Past that it will be left alone till shed hunting time.

I will go in to shed hunt them, and also to do TSI. That just makes it thicker and they feel safer that way. Also I put this in perspective with coon hunters around deer have to be used to people going into all areas. I just do these things long before or after season is over so things can get back to normal come fall.

Top Bottom