Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SANDS hunter from Miss. coming soon

StixNstrings

Hello my friends and fellow whitetail hunters Im sure youve all heard of SANDS Sportsmen assisting the nations disabled sportsmen I volunteered to help them a couple of years ago and apparently the organization isnt real big in Iowa because I had nearly no response except for one gentlemen from Mississippi who contacted me for the first time in the fall of '07 From what I gather from speaking to him the deer are none to impressive where he comes from in Miss. and the terrain is very uninviting especially if your disabled,I guess its a dream of his for sometime to hunt Iowa whitetails, he didnt get a tag in '07 I offered to take hime hunting in Nebraska or Missouri but he declined on both offers he said he would wait till this year to try and get an Iowa tag this year he scored 1 and will be here for 1st Shotgun Season I have a place picked out for him to hunt that will be relatively easy access and has produced some fine bucks in the past I went down there in early September and put his ground blind up to hopefully let the critters get used to it being there I set it up among some cedar trees on a fenceline that appears to be a travel hotspot for deer going from the fields to feed back there bedding and loafing areas I myself shot a respectible buck from this very location in '06 only thing is the storm in June took out the beans on the north side of the farm theres still corn there to the south but the part of the farm were there were beans is just dirt and terraces I dont know if it will be as attractive this year to the deer, If anyone knows of a small place that may produce a decent buck that easily accessible (preferably in S.W. Iowa) and might willing to share it as a backup plan contact me at [email protected] Im sure Ill find an alternate spot if need be and hopefully the lack of beans beans wont be that huge of a deal to the deer but it never hurts to ask for help.

Thank in advance
Bob a.k.a. StixNstrings

Zone #3 doesnt leave us working with much as far as taking him to any public hunting spots, I have acres and acres we could hunt in Adair and Adams counties a few in Montogomery county too but those are all outside of zone #3 hopefully the farm I plan to take him to here in Pott co.will work out fine. My other thought is if I can get permission to come in from the east I was wondering about Pigeon Creek, does anyone have any experience with Pigeon creek area? doe it get a lot of pressure? Supposedly its suppose to be river access only.

Top Bottom