Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Saturday Deer season

Jake

Are many of you going out Saturday for the opening of shotgun season. I am also curious how we all hunt during the season. I hunt very similar too the way I bow hunt spend a lot of time in the stand and wait for the party hunters to push areas around me. I usually hunt with my dad and brother and we don't do a lot of driving. If we do push it is more or less just to get the deer up and moving but our best luck is letting other people push deer to us. Just wondering what everyone else will be doing also wondering if people are seeing much? I have been seeing a lot of deer in corn fields and thinking that is the way to go at least in the evenings.

First season, i am going to be in my blind for my land owners, 2nd season all we do is push and block in a big group, we try to only take does, or that is how it works out, I would rather bow hunt my self

We do the same. I like to get in the woods before sun-up and let others push the deer to me. We do two drives during the weekend but I prefer sitting. My 12 year old daughter will be hunting with me this year and am looking forward to seeing her get her first deer.

my dad and i hunt on ridge tops and sit next to a tree and wait for others to push to us... thats how i killed my giant ten and a doe last yr. hopefully i get as lucky as last yr. good luck to everyon this weekend

We usually do the push and post method.Its amazing how many deer you see running from one timber to the next.Good luck to everybody Saturday and shoot some does!

Top Bottom