Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Saturdays wind?

1arrow

Just wondering if anybody had any luck saturday. Hunted morning and afternoon didn't see 1 deer. Do you think the strong gusty winds kept them bedded down?

I shot a doe Saturday night. All I seen was 2 does and 2 yearlings. No bucks at all. Pretty slow.

Saturday morning I saw 8 bucks and 8 does (only 1 mature buck) and the smaller ones were really out of it from chasing. In the evening however the winds picked up and I only saw 1 doe. If it dies down this afternoon I will be back out.

I'm guessing that yesterday wasn't to bad. Logcabin said he saw 13 bucks and 3 does and my buddy had 3 HOGS come into his taxi shop today.

I went out for an afternoon hunt and only seen one buck. Up wind from me at 70 yards and couldn't get him to come any closer. Nice 10 I've been chasing since the season opened. Watched him for over an hour.

They were really moving Saturday evening. I saw three nice bucks on the move. I took one, I posted a pic in the harvest report forum.

Top Bottom