Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Saving Money for a Farm - Here's the Start

My 2 1/2 year old daughter collects our eggs and helps feed chickens. What we sell, she gets. Obviously dad doesn’t make her pay for the feed or anything at this age (although after I say the numbers you are going to think I’m crazy).
One thing I have valued is raising her so she wants to help and work, she’s a shadow to me. We raise lots of chickens, sells lots of eggs, do other random things.(she steered the tractor while planting plots- actually fairly straight) She’s 2 1/2 and has 5800 in her savings from EGG SALES (also chicks, chickens, and some produce). But she helps and wants to be involved. Does she know what she’s actually doing? Nope- but she’s getting a work ethic and we’re saving money for her while also covering the light feed costs we have. Win win.

She has more in her savings than 98% of American adults….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to see kids succeeding. I think one of the biggest issues in our country right now is a lack of financial intelligence/education. We don't talk about money enough and people have a bad relationship with it. If parents don't understand money how can we teach it to our kids? Anyways, currently my 5 y/o son is walking around town picking up cans thrown out of people's cars. It's not much but it's something for him at his age and it helps the community look better. I can't drive anywhere now without having to stop and pick up every can he sees. Lets just say if this kid ends up spotting antlers like cans we're going to have a pile of them to get rid of someday.

Love it!!! And the Cubs hat is an added bonus!;) Get him a quality pair of ear muffs or hearing protection tho, I have noise induced hearing loss from machinery/industry and sure wish I had used it sooner.

Love it!!! And the Cubs hat is an added bonus!;) Get him a quality pair of ear muffs or hearing protection tho, I have noise induced hearing loss from machinery/industry and sure wish I had used it sooner.
I'll echo that. Tinnitus sucks.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I'll echo that. Tinnitus sucks.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Hearing loss as well that hearing aids won't help. Protect those ears!!

Great to see kids succeeding. I think one of the biggest issues in our country right now is a lack of financial intelligence/education. We don't talk about money enough and people have a bad relationship with it. If parents don't understand money how can we teach it to our kids? Anyways, currently my 5 y/o son is walking around town picking up cans thrown out of people's cars. It's not much but it's something for him at his age and it helps the community look better. I can't drive anywhere now without having to stop and pick up every can he sees. Lets just say if this kid ends up spotting antlers like cans we're going to have a pile of them to get rid of someday.
You want more cans?! I would donate to that cause! (But have them nicely in tubs for you)

Freaking awesome!! Picking up some side gigs with mowing and snowblowing is what got me pushed over enough to buy. I still have about 4-5 regular customers. Anyone who lives in a community and if there is a community facebook page can quickly get a few customers and make extra cash easy.

Top Bottom