Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scent Blocker or Scent Lok?

Save your money for the taxidermist.
smile.gif

Seriously, wash your clothes with a scent-free soap and keep them sealed between hunts. Take other precautions (showering before hunts with scent-free soap and shampoo, using scent eliminating sprays on your clothing before heading to the stand, etc.) and you will not have to worry about the scent-eliminating clothing. JMO

I've used scentlok for the last few years and I've been very happy with it. I've never used scentblocker so I can't give an opinion.

I have the scentlok lightweight gear that I wear during bow season and a ScentBlocker (Outfitter) Coat that I wear later in the season. Both work great and I bought the two different brands because I got deals on both. As mentioned above, you still have to take the showers and use the sprays, you will never get away from that, but if you are in the market for new camo you can grab some of the carbon lined stuff for the same price if you keep you eye out, actually ebay has scentlok full camo right now for good prices (70 bucks I think)

Kratz

if ive been told right there made by the same company so in my opinion theres no difference.... all my camo is scent blocker i love it but like they said above youll still need to shower before your hunt and use field spray and dont forget the wind....

[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

Seriously, wash your clothes with a scent-free soap and keep them sealed between hunts. Take other precautions (showering before hunts with scent-free soap and shampoo, using scent eliminating sprays on your clothing before heading to the stand, etc.) and you will not have to worry about the scent-eliminating clothing. JMO

[/ QUOTE ]

This is some good advice.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is some good advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree, I don't use scents or scent blocking clothes.

i would have to say scent blocker but i have never used scent lok, i have never needed try anything else after i got my scent blocker suit.

[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I've never spent money on scentlok/block clothes. Just mind your P's and Q's. Companies will always be out there to make an easy $ from someone elses passion.

Shon

Well i know when i fart in my scent blocker suit i have never smelled it. And i know some of them were very strong, because they burned. 100% the truth.

[ QUOTE ]
Well i know when i fart in my scent blocker suit i have never smelled it. And i know some of them were very strong, because they burned. 100% the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]
First off, I've got to give you credit for being manly enough to admit that you were trying to smell your own farts, especially ones that burned coming out. You should send Scent-Loc's marketing analyst's an e-mail explaining you sure fire technique to test their suit's, maybe you could be their next advertising star.
grin.gif

I respect everybodys thinking on scent lok and scent blocker. Up until 2 years ago I didn't think much about those cloths. I took showers wore rubber boots and gloves but I still got winded. I can honestly say they do work. I keep all my field cloths in a scent proof bag and put on my outer layers in the field. I have not been winded 1 time since I started using the coat. I still try and be as careful as possible not to spread my scent around. Maybe I've just learned better stand placement and using the wind. Something sure has changed. I've had deer close dead down wind and they never new I was there. Maybe I'm just lucky. It still hasn't help get that pig yet. Time will tell.
cool.gif
cool.gif

Outstanding article. Thanks for sharing. It completely changed my thinking on carbon. Hard to argue with the facts on reactivation. Something that I had not considered. Thanks again.
That is why this sight is so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I was also curious as to everybody's thoughts on spending $80-$100 on under armour long sleeves and pants versus $9 thermals from Wally World. Is it worth the money? I will spend the bucks to stay warm long before I would to block scent.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I was also curious as to everybody's thoughts on spending $80-$100 on under armour long sleeves and pants versus $9 thermals from Wally World. Is it worth the money? I will spend the bucks to stay warm long before I would to block scent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you try them, you will be mad that you didn't buy them before. Worth every penny, plus now Under Armor offers a Scent lok option.

Funny you mention the Wal-Mart thermals. I bought a set of Poly's from there a couple weeks ago, 28 bucks for the top and bottom, and they're pretty thick. The older I get, the more times I find myself putting the expensive camo and clothes back on the rack and using cheaper items from "lesser" known stores.
smirk.gif

I had a young 6 point 20 yards directly down wind from me last night, and once again my scent blocker worked it's magic. He had no idea I was there.

Top Bottom