Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

scent free clothing wash??

muddy

say, i know there's a receipe for homemade scent spray, how about a homemade scent free clothes wash?? anybody have a good home brew?

any input on this?? i considered the same brew as the scent free spray as a wash but my wife said something about how peroxide and baking soda are hard on clothes?? i have no idea on this as i do laundry the muddy way...throw all the colors in and hit "run". sometimes i use soap too. if there's one thing i've learned being married it's that if you do something bad enough and long enough you don't get asked to do it anymore.
grin.gif

I've heard baking soda will work in the wash, but peroxide will bleach your clothes. It does work great for cleaning skulls.

I've washed all my clothes in baking soda for years and have not noticed any adverse affects to the clothing. Then into the plastic tub with cover scent and I'm good to go.

thanks Ogz, could you tell me how much you use per wash load?? a cup or two or what??

I've also used baking soda for years and it works great.I've never measured it out....I just dump it in.A cup sounds about right.
31045-cheers2.gif

I have used about a cup of 20 Mule Team Borax for a scent free wash for a long time. What is left over can be used in the spring for drying your turkey tails.

When your time comes and you get a deer no doubt you will get blood on your clothes. Spray or poor Hydrogen Peroxide on the blood spots and let it foam. Keep reaplying until foaming stops. Wash your clothes as you normally do and the stain should be gone. I have never had the hydrogen peroxide bleach out or cause any damage to my clothes.
brick[1].gif

You can't beat a good river or lake wash. I put all my bow hunting cloths in a fish trap and sink them in Lake Oahe for a day or so then than I hang them over bushes to dry and air out for a week or so then they are put into a plastic bag with some ground klutter and some dirt in a cheese cloth bag. Most city water has chemicals that are forign to deer so most of your efforts are lost on the rinse cycle. Shove your head in your dryer and take a good wif, I'm sure it still smells like frabic softner. Your question was regarding sent not stains.

Top Bottom