Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scent FreeRubber Boots

hornhntr

I am looking for a good pair of rubber boots that will be able to keep my scent to a minimum and will fit well but not too hard to get on or off. What are some of the boots you bowhunters have had good luck with?

I have both the light weight and heavy weight Alpha Burly by LaCrosse. Fit great, good support and most important, they keep my always cold feet warm. I get good traction with the soles as well. As far as easy on and easy off, well, there are trade offs and that is one of them. I had a boot from Cabella's (Cabella brand) that lasted less than two full seasons that were just a blue nosed bitch to get on and off. The rubber cracked in the areas between the upper and the foot that flexed and popped with every step. Could have been that I left them out in the weather everyday, rain or shine, upside down hanging from a tree, that may have contributed to the deterioration of the rubber.

The 'Bonker

the alpha burly by lacrosse is the way to go.... i love mine they are the best fitting and most comfortable rubber boot ive ever worn.... i found the 800gr. was right for me they kept my feet warm throughout the late season i think the 1000gr. would have been alittle much so make sure you check that out...

I have a pair of uninsulated Alpha Burlys LOVE THEM! They are awesome, only problem I cut them in IA turkey hunting this spring. I glued the cut together and we'll see if it works.

I wear my boots all the way to mid. november with nothing more than a pair of cotton socks with a heavy pair of wool over them.

Dean

I ended up buying a pair of muck boots this spring for turkey hunting . Thier real comfortable and easy on easy off. Pretty good traction and reasonable priced. They also have the in an artic boot . I was thinking of trying them this winter for late season muzzleloader.

Arent muck boots neapream on the outsides? Wouldnt that hold more scent than rubber? Just wondering?

I have heard muck boots are warm and really comfortable. I have a trapper friend that swears by them but I guess I have never seen them up close.

Dean

I seen the new scent blocker boot on Wildlife Obsessions last night. Looks like a good boot that is worth checking out.

Top Bottom