Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scent-lok Vertigo?

Woa, something happened here with the post's and order they are in.
Can the mods have it checked out?

I was referencing mossy oak's tree stand as an "open pattern" due to it's lack of foliage in the camo. So in that sense, yes, i believe it to be an open pattern. I do think it has a darker background, compared to vertigo, and would be better used on dark and cloudy day.......and a vertigo pattern would be better suited on a brighter and sunny day.

I really like the predator's combination of light and dark background colors, and seems to be a good, all around, late season camo.

Never seen the predator camo patterns before this post, but i really like what i see. Thank you todd, for pointing us in the direction of a good camo.
:way:

Last edited:
I have always kinda been a realtree guy since it first came out a long long time ago. (It was a lot better than woodland, and Trebark was a joke). However, I really like Mossy oak treestand. I used it last year and will be getting more of it this year.

By the way WKP do you have a camo sponsor?

Predator has been around a long time too, but they have a small marketing budget. Ever wonder why that is? Marketing budgets are tied to sales and the greater the sales, the greater the marketing budget. RealTree and Mossy Oak have risen to the top for good reason. The consumers have made their statement with their dollars.

The Vertigo looks like it would work, more open with the dark background would help break up your outline. I wear Scent Lok with Realtree AP right now, but my next set of camo will be Gray Wolf Woolens with Predator fall gray.

I think it would be a great pattern for later in the season, but like others, not sure if I believe in paying for "ScentLok".

If I could choose a new camo it would be Predator. Right now though, I'm in Realtree AP and have loved it! I personally think it's the most versatile single pattern out there, just as long as you're aware of your setup. And with it being such a big name, it can be found on good quality garments for a consumer on a budget.

seen scheels had the Scent-Lok Caribou 3-in-1 pants and jacket for $100 dollors off each piece so now there $120 and $130 i believe. I was thinking of getting them but seen the tag said 2005 on them. has scent lok charged that much since then that i would notice a difference or maybe not want to buy them and go with the vertigo?

thanks guys

I think the Vertigo pattern will work all treestand season...... If you have lots of foliage still in the tree you could have just about anything on and get by. Scent-Lok technology has improved in the Vertigo products and it is one more tool in your scent eliminating tool box. I'm heading to the woods in it this season.....

Gray Wolf Woolens makes the best clothing in the Predator Pattern. It's not cheap, but once you see the quality and the effectiveness of the Predator pattern first-hand, well; it's worth every penny!

All this talk about cloudy days, sunny days, open - closed, whatever.... The fact of the matter is that a camo pattern is supposed to break the human outline. That's why Predator works better because of the large areas of different colors. No-matter what time of year it is, look up in the woods. Even when it's the middle of summer (green) - there are TONS of open areas to the sky. Put this into the non-color perspective of a whitetail, and it doesn't matter.

People can wear what they want. Predator truly makes me a better hunter because I don't have to worry about cover in set-ups. I can set-up 15 feet off the ground in a naked tree with a cameraman and get away with murder. I wouldn't promote so strongly for the camo if I didn't believe in it. I've never received a DOLLAR from Predator, and wear it anyway because it's the best. I don't care if it's being worn by any celebrities. That is the farthest thing away from my mind when I have a big buck coming into a set-up. Marketing and Advertising don't mean jack at that moment of time. That moment is what I live for!

out....

Well I have been checking out the predator stuff alot more, but I am stuck between brown deception and fall gray, anyone help influense my decision?

Fall Gray is the best all around in my opinion. It works well during the fall, late fall, as well as when there are no leaves. I concur with going to Gray Wolf Woolens, it's an expensive adventure but that camo will fit you BETTER than a custom tailored suit. I have two sets of bibs and bowhunting pullovers from Jeff and I've never been happier with any purchase in my life.

Top Bottom