Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scent Lok

katy

Ballagh
I'm in the market for a scent lok suit. I wanted to get some opinions on what you guys wear or use. Looking at either the Polar Fleece jacket/pants for having a quiet material and warm, vs. the standard cotton jacket/pants. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Id go with the ScentLok Dakota series. Its just a liner that you would wear on the outside of your other clothes. However, its the first scentlok liner that is waterproof. I dont like buying insulated clothes with it in it cause then you are limited to certain weather conditions. With the outter liner you can wear as much clothes that are needed underneath. Plus, the Dakota and Savanna suits are extremely breathable. You wont sweat up a storm walking to your stand.

I would go with a scent lok liner...cabelas has a new one out this year or the scent blocker underguard system. I use supprescent outerwear for added protection but nothing is 100 percent foolproof

Good comments already. Layering up will make a big differene. I wear Contain long underware and then an uninsulated Cabela's camo coat and pants. The uninsulated is a great idea - even for Iowa's coldest winter conditions. Some scent lok suites are terribly loud, but I think the newer versions are much better. I don't like fleece as an outer layer - picks up too much stuff. Waterproof would be very nice. I do like the idea of the stuff shredder was talking about because I think most if not all of it comes with windstopper. I think windstopper is awesome. Don't spend too much in an insulated scent lok setup, but get some good layers and you will be better off in almost every condition.

Top Bottom