Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scheel's Bow and Rifle Pack?

I see that Scheel's has it's own version of a bow and rifle pack. Does anyone know how this one compares to Cabela's? Thanks for any input.

The Scheel's pack comes with a hydration bladder; the Cabelas one is only hydration compatible. I have not seen the Cabelas one in person, but I'm not sure the Scheels one will allow a guy to pack in a double bull blind or lone wolf stand like Limb Chicken has illustrated. The Scheels pack goes for $79.99 vs. $89.99 for Cabela's...just trying to make an informed decision.

the scheels pack sucks compared to the cabelas pack. i spent quite a bit of time deciding which backpack to go with and the Cabelas one was my decision. The deciding factor was the drop down thing that holds the gun butt. Cabelas is elastic where Scheels is velcro. The scheels one wouldn't fit my DB blind hubs into it. There were a few other issues as well. I don't care for built in hydration bladders, but, to each their own.

When looking at the "hub/butt cup" on the Scheels pack, I wondered if it would be large enough to hold the hubs of a db blind. I don't care if it has a hydration bladder either. Thanks for your input, Muddy.

I don't know anything about the Scheels one however I have absolutely abused my pack this year and it looks brand new. I am really impressed with the quality of the Cabelas pack! The badlands pack is really cool too.

When packing the DB I don't use the drop down holder, I found it wasn't necessary.

The cabelas pack offers a regular sized pack and an extra large pack. Would there be any advantages or disadvantages to either size?

I have the bigger Cabelas backpack. I havn't found it to be that big of a problem to take on and off up in the tree to be honest. Main problem I've found is finding a place to hang it. Depending on the size of the tree I'll sometimes leave it at the base and cover it with leaves.

I looked at bolth and knowing myself like I do. I would have filled that thing to the rim...
grin.gif
I chose the large and not the xtra large. I am a little overcenter the way it is now...
grin.gif
Just need to eat a few more pizza's a I should have er balanced by spring.

[ QUOTE ]
I looked at bolth and knowing myself like I do. I would have filled that thing to the rim...
grin.gif
I chose the large and not the xtra large. I am a little overcenter the way it is now...
grin.gif
Just need to eat a few more pizza's a I should have er balanced by spring.

[/ QUOTE ]

atta boy Limb!
waytogo.gif

Mud, I am surprised that you do not have any problems putting it on.....being that you are 6'6 345lbs you must have the balance of a well-seasoned wrestler.

Someone mentioned the Badlands Super Day, how does it compare to the Cabela's? Will it work with the LW and DB blinds?

Thanks for the back pack thread! I have been using the Badlands Monster fanny this year w the LW stands. The stands have worn through the fabric on the pack. I appreciate the versatility of the fanny pack and Badlands has offered to fix the fabric but I'm sure it will happen again next year. The approach you all are taking looks great especially with the DB blind. I have been carrying the blind with the carry bag over the shoulder for my son and of course it is always sliding down my arm. Would anyone w the Badlands wish to comment on how it works with the DB blinds? With spring turkey around the corner I might give one of these a try.

Thanks in advance. I have been a lurker here this past season and have grown to really appreciate the ideas, opinions, experiences, etc.

I own the 2200 BadLands pack. Have not tried carrying the DB blind yet. Carried my 4 sticks and Alpha out last Monday on it. I have the Monster fanny pack as well. How were you securing it to it? Are you talking the Super Day pack? Not sure how you are wearing through the material with the carrying of your stand. Also...glad you posted, welcome aboard.
Monster Fanny
mntr%20both.jpg

Technically the stand is not attached to the fanny pack. I have padded shoulder straps on the stand and it just lays over the fanny pack. It has worn the fabric off the rubber or fiber glass rod that supports the shape of the pack. As it got later in the season I started tying extra gloves, fleece face mask and heavier layers to the rod. These items provided some protection for the pack as the stand leaned on them rather than the pack itself.

BTW - would you purchase the 2200 again or try one of the Cabela's packs?

The one thing I like about the Cabela's pack that I don't see on this one is the outter compartment. I put a video cam in it and don't have to worry about it getting smashed between the weight of the stand and my back. Looks like with this pack everything would be smashable. JMO.

Top Bottom