Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

scope for shotgun

mikerotch7

What scope do you recommend works best for still-hunting and potentially party hunting? Looking to get something for $150 or less, but hoping for a scope with solid performance at dusk or dawn.

Thanks for the input.

Nikon pro staff 3x9x40
Or
Red Field 3x9x40

I have both and both are excellent scopes in that price range!

Have piled up a serious number of deer with a bushnell 1.5-4 power scope.
Absolutely indestructible and quick target pick up. Mine has a circle reticle and at 120 yards the bottom of that circle at 120 yards on 4x is dead on.
4x is underpowered to most butnive never had an issue inside of 150 yards. Furthest shots are 121-133 yards.
If I were expecting longer foodplot type.shots I would definitely be looking at a 3-9 in a vortex, Bushnell, redfield, nikon.

I use a Simmons 1.5 or 2x. Dad bought it for me several years ago. Does the job. If I were to get a new gun/scope, I'd probably get an adjustable power for longer shots. I'm more of a non-moving deer shooter with the scope. Don't really like trying running deer shots with it...but maybe just need more practice with leading the animal.

Top Bottom