Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scope Power?

Smokepole,
I use a 2x7 on a 50 cal. disc rifle and it works well. I pretty much only stand hunt with it. I think if I had the 45 cal I'd consider a 3x9 in the event I wanted to stretch my range a bit.

NWBuck

I have a 2-7 X 33 Leupold on my 50 cal Rem 700! This summer I am planning to buy the new Rem in 45 cal, and I found a Leupold 3-9 X 40 for $200 on sale. Thought that I would pick it up and use it on the new gun!

Closer the shot....less magnification is required, handgun or smallbore rifle for 100yds 2-6X, assuming most of your shots will be 200yds or less, I'd go with a 3-9X power....if it was a highpower at 400yds then double it, 12-20X.

When I use a scope I use a 2.5 shot gun scope. It works well, but when I buy a new muzzleloader I intend to put my 2.5 x 8 power Leupold on it.

I use a 3x9x40 Bushnell Trophy, it works awesome! That $200 Leupold is a superb deal, go with that man, you won't be disappointed in a Leupold.

I have a 3x9x50 tasco and love it the 50 mm obj is a great plus in low light would have anythig else and at less than $100.00!!

I have a Bushnell Trophy Elite 1.75 x 4 on my 50 cal. Knight LK-93. Most of the time I hunt with it set at 1.75 to allow for the wider field of view. During evening hunts around food sources I will set on 4 power.

TB

Top Bottom